Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697
    Administrator & Programmer Zack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
    I profiled the other day; very little. Probably around the order of 10%, or less. angrylion's plugin is ridiculously optimized it seems. I might be able to take it a bit further with some SSE-fu, but I won't even bother with it until I get the RSP/VR4300 down to something reasonable.

The main deadweights are the interpreted, cycle-accurate RSP and VR4300 cores. They're coming in at a hefty 30+% utilization each.
    Any updates @MarathonMan?
    Proud Administrator Of Emutalk.net

* I develop software for: iOS, Android, Mac, Linux & Windows.
    * Proficient in C, C++, Objective-C, Swift, Lua. Also know some: C# & PHP.

Want to help EmuTalk? Want us to relive the glory days of old? Ping me, I would love to hear your ideas

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _Zack_ View Post
    Any updates @MarathonMan?
    Currently juggling quite a few balls (when I can find the time... been busy!)

- Working on a debugger: http://forums.cen64.com/download/file.php?id=89
    - Adding 64DD support, with the help of LuigiBlood: http://forums.cen64.com/download/file.php?id=82. We currently have a booting IPL, working RTC, and have some seek/reads working. LuigiBlood is blocking on debugger support due to things being hard to track down ATM...
    - Mac OS X builds now seem to quasi-work.
    - Various performance improvements and optimizations.
    - SSE2 support was added, so any x86_64 processor can now play CEN64, and we're only a few commits away from 32-bit builds.
    - Also thinking about adding/how to add a software-based transactional memory (STM) algorithm to leverage multiple cores/threads and boost performance.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi, windows SSE2 build crashes (as in, xxxx has stopped working) on any version of MM. Linux version just works. Just a report. Cheers.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wareya View Post
    Hi, windows SSE2 build crashes (as in, xxxx has stopped working) on any version of MM. Linux version just works. Just a report. Cheers.
    Thanks for the specific bug report! (been busy; need to fix the bugtracker).

I'll try to set aside some time and look into a fix for that.

Administrator & Programmer Zack's Avatar
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarathonMan View Post
    Currently juggling quite a few balls (when I can find the time... been busy!)

- Working on a debugger: http://forums.cen64.com/download/file.php?id=89
    - Adding 64DD support, with the help of LuigiBlood: http://forums.cen64.com/download/file.php?id=82. We currently have a booting IPL, working RTC, and have some seek/reads working. LuigiBlood is blocking on debugger support due to things being hard to track down ATM...
    - Mac OS X builds now seem to quasi-work.
    - Various performance improvements and optimizations.
    - SSE2 support was added, so any x86_64 processor can now play CEN64, and we're only a few commits away from 32-bit builds.
    - Also thinking about adding/how to add a software-based transactional memory (STM) algorithm to leverage multiple cores/threads and boost performance.
    Thought I had replied to this weeks ago :S
    Thanks for the update, really looking forward to seeing more of CEN64.
    Proud Administrator Of Emutalk.net

* I develop software for: iOS, Android, Mac, Linux & Windows.
    * Proficient in C, C++, Objective-C, Swift, Lua. Also know some: C# & PHP.

Want to help EmuTalk? Want us to relive the glory days of old? Ping me, I would love to hear your ideas

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just found out about CEN64 and, judging from all that I've seen so far in this thread, I think it's a breath of fresh air from traditional emulators. My question is simple, but very important; Will I finally be able to play San Francisco Rush 2049 with sound?

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SZ87 View Post
    Will I finally be able to play San Francisco Rush 2049 with sound?
    You should be able to play San Francisco Rush 2049 on standard emulators with sound.

Page 97 of 97 FirstFirst ... 4787959697