What's new

Announcement: Cycle-accurate N64 development underway.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
I profiled the other day; very little. Probably around the order of 10%, or less. angrylion's plugin is ridiculously optimized it seems. I might be able to take it a bit further with some SSE-fu, but I won't even bother with it until I get the RSP/VR4300 down to something reasonable.

The main deadweights are the interpreted, cycle-accurate RSP and VR4300 cores. They're coming in at a hefty 30+% utilization each.

Any updates [MENTION=96317]MarathonMan[/MENTION]?

OP
MarathonMan

MarathonMan

Emulator Developer
Any updates [MENTION=96317]MarathonMan[/MENTION]?

Currently juggling quite a few balls (when I can find the time... been busy!)

- Working on a debugger: http://forums.cen64.com/download/file.php?id=89
- Adding 64DD support, with the help of LuigiBlood: http://forums.cen64.com/download/file.php?id=82. We currently have a booting IPL, working RTC, and have some seek/reads working. LuigiBlood is blocking on debugger support due to things being hard to track down ATM...
- Mac OS X builds now seem to quasi-work.
- Various performance improvements and optimizations.
- SSE2 support was added, so any x86_64 processor can now play CEN64, and we're only a few commits away from 32-bit builds.
- Also thinking about adding/how to add a software-based transactional memory (STM) algorithm to leverage multiple cores/threads and boost performance.

wareya

Hi, windows SSE2 build crashes (as in, xxxx has stopped working) on any version of MM. Linux version just works. Just a report. Cheers.

OP
MarathonMan

MarathonMan

Emulator Developer
Hi, windows SSE2 build crashes (as in, xxxx has stopped working) on any version of MM. Linux version just works. Just a report. Cheers.

Thanks for the specific bug report! (been busy; need to fix the bugtracker).

I'll try to set aside some time and look into a fix for that.

Danny

Programmer | Moderator
Currently juggling quite a few balls (when I can find the time... been busy!)

- Working on a debugger: http://forums.cen64.com/download/file.php?id=89
- Adding 64DD support, with the help of LuigiBlood: http://forums.cen64.com/download/file.php?id=82. We currently have a booting IPL, working RTC, and have some seek/reads working. LuigiBlood is blocking on debugger support due to things being hard to track down ATM...
- Mac OS X builds now seem to quasi-work.
- Various performance improvements and optimizations.
- SSE2 support was added, so any x86_64 processor can now play CEN64, and we're only a few commits away from 32-bit builds.
- Also thinking about adding/how to add a software-based transactional memory (STM) algorithm to leverage multiple cores/threads and boost performance.

Thought I had replied to this weeks ago :S
Thanks for the update, really looking forward to seeing more of CEN64. :)

SZ87

I just found out about CEN64 and, judging from all that I've seen so far in this thread, I think it's a breath of fresh air from traditional emulators. My question is simple, but very important; Will I finally be able to play San Francisco Rush 2049 with sound?

SZ87

You should be able to play San Francisco Rush 2049 on standard emulators with sound.

Show me where? Without resorting to a DC emulator or Midway Arcade Treasures PC port? I've been racking my brain looking for a working SF2049 MAME rom. With no luck, of course. My memories of the game were from the N64 and Arcade, that's why I prefer them over the others. But a MAME version would be the best.

anikom15

How is development going? Have you thought about any peripherals at all, like the transfer pak or microphone?

Remember, the Force will be with you, always.

Nintendo Maniac

I'm not familiar with this game but it seems to run very nicely. :)

Let's just say that the game doesn't even seem to boot in Project 64 v2.2.

Other than that, I chose it because it was a late-life 3D polygonal game that I was already familiar with that can nearly run at full speed on my hardware.