EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Weird Visual Artifacts

I am getting terrible weird visual artifacts in Megaman when I use an attack or when I go up the screen. (i have not tried any other games)

this thread isn't allowing me to post a url to the picture however but it looks like an entire segment of the screen is clipping and getting removed when I use magnet beam or the entire top side is removed when i climb up a ladder

If anybody can help me out with this that would be great, thanks for your time

16-bit Corpse | Moderator Agozer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Does the same happen with any other NES emulator, like Nestopia for example?

ElektroDragon: I hate dying over and over. I don't learn from my mistakes. I couldn't play Dark Souls because of this. I bought the Bloodborne Collector's Edition. Like I said, I don't learn from my mistakes!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agozer View Post
    Does the same happen with any other NES emulator, like Nestopia for example?
    I don't believe so, but the problem with nestopia is there seems to be no stretch option so I get huge letterboxes, and frankly I don't like the color palette. I might switch over though if I can figure out how to stretch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can always customize your own palette or download custom palettes and use those. I don't know about you, but I don't get any letterboxing on my laptop, just regular 4:3 as it should be.

ElektroDragon: I hate dying over and over. I don't learn from my mistakes. I couldn't play Dark Souls because of this. I bought the Bloodborne Collector's Edition. Like I said, I don't learn from my mistakes!

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My computer res is 1920x1080 so 4:3 looks like crap, I havent' figured out how to do true widescreen with nestopia, do you know a way/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The NES outputs 4:3 only, and that is what Nestopia emulates.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The NES outputs 4:3 only, and that is what Nestopia emulates.
    well that's the problem I have with nestopia, JNES emulates it at 1080p and it looks great besides the graphical errors. Is there a way I can post the picture to the problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a pretty good idea about your problem even without screenshots. If you won't use another emulator that doesn't have this issue, then you're stuck with it, if you ask me.Then again, I could be wrong.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have a pretty good idea about your problem even without screenshots. If you won't use another emulator that doesn't have this issue, then you're stuck with it, if you ask me.Then again, I could be wrong.
    I figured out how to get nestopia in 1080p, had to click max screen twice for some reason. Thanks for your help, it's all good now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The problem with Max screensize is that you force a 16:9 stretch on 4:3 content, thus destroying the proper aspect ratio in the process and making everything squished. Well, if you want it that way, that's your choice.

Last edited by Agozer; August 9th, 2012 at 21:13.