What's new

Glide64 Final Vsync tearing workaround

play0r

For anyone still suffering from this issue I have found an acceptable workaround after many hours of playing around with things. The fault lies in the Glitch64 wrapper code some where...

1) Remove the glide3x.dll from the root of whatever emulator is your preference.
2) Download and install nGlide Glide Wrapper
3) Open the nGlide configuration tool and change the settings to whatever fits your specific hardware configuration
4) Start your emulator in fullscreen mode (the wrapper does not support windowed) and rejoice with no more screen tears

F

Fanatic 64

Or you could also select "Enable Vsync" in Glide64 or your video card settings?

OP
P

play0r

AMD/ATI failcard?

Nope... Nvidia GTX460 1GB. Also tested on my i7 setup with GTX560 448 core in SLI, same results nasty tearing...
nGlide only works for a few games (Super Mario 64, Zelda OOT, and a few other carts I've dumped) , but fails miserably with the menu animations in both Goldeneye 007 and Paper mario (I haven't tried Perfect Dark yet, I haven't dumped that rom from my cart yet).

OP
P

play0r

For anyone still suffering from this issue I have found an acceptable workaround after many hours of playing around with things. The fault lies in the Glitch64 wrapper code some where...

1) Remove the glide3x.dll from the root of whatever emulator is your preference.
2) Download and install nGlide Glide Wrapper
3) Open the nGlide configuration tool and change the settings to whatever fits your specific hardware configuration
4) Start your emulator in fullscreen mode (the wrapper does not support windowed) and rejoice with no more screen tears

Enable Aero on Windows 7, force Vsync on in Nvidia Control Panel, and it's fixed...
I did not have Aero enabled, as I hate the transparencies and frosting on the desktop, which was causing my problem with Glide64's glide wrapper.