What's new

Source code released of Project64 1.6?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zuzma

Most of the guys working on it have programming skills on par or even better then the original project64 authors. It really depends if they stick to working on it or not.

Edit: Oh just to be clear I was talking about the people working on the 1.6 source. I probably have a lot of negative things to say about 1.7, but I'll just leave it alone.

Last edited:

dazey238

afaik only jabo has that

two different things here -

jabo's most recent release of his plugins are version 1.6.1. I think it is highly unlikely (never say never though I guess) that he will release the source code for his work.

the most recent released version of project64 is 1.6. There was a sneak peek earlier this year of an update being worked on that would take this to 1.6.1.

It seems unclear whether the source code that mudlord has made available includes this update.

Like everyone else, I think it would be great to see the now open source code being worked on by other people but I doubt it will happen in the way people want it to as expectations are way too high.

Clements

Yep, the source is the 'stock' 1.6 version and not the 1.6.1 version (in the sneak peak).

Clements

The updated plugins are part of 1.6.1, but the core exe was also updated to increase the compatibility a notch and get things like the 64DD IPL ROM working (the video for that can be seen on Youtube).

I am also aware that PJ64K is currently being updated to use the released 1.6 source, so online experiences will improve quite a bit.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
we don't care what those kaillera idiots are doing.

as for 1.6.1, attempted hyping won't save the sinking ship that was project64.

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
PJ64x for Surreal64 CE has been updated to that of 1.6. Thanks to the PJ64 devs who have been supportive and shared interest in the XBOX project, even if it wasn't with your code.

F

Fanatic 64

Apparently, the repository was taken down today. Dunno if it is an error, if Mudlotrd did it, or if the Project64 Team filled a complain.

Luckily, I have a copy of the official release and the latest revisions of the code, in case it is useful for something...

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It doesn't really matter. The code is out there already so the repository being down has no real impact.

In any case I don't understand all the hate against the developers, unless we gather all the nutcases in here or something. Actually this might just be the case. :p

It actually is important that the repository is down. If the project is ever going to become something again, there needs to be a stable and known place for people to gather. Random people having a copy of the source is not going to accomplish much.

RJARRRPCGP

The Rocking PC Wiz
Possibly the same troll that's threatening people who upload 1964. The one making fake copyright claims.

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
It actually is important that the repository is down. If the project is ever going to become something again, there needs to be a stable and known place for people to gather. Random people having a copy of the source is not going to accomplish much.

What people? Apart from the original developers and the ones who do the netplay port all the people I know who care about the thing and have what it takes to edit the code are squall and mudlord.

In any case what most people don't realize is that you don't suddenly end up with outdated code in your hands and make it something great by editing and rewriting stuff here and there. It takes more than that... so more that you're better off starting from scratch than making your life miserable by forcing yourself to learn what the previous developer was thinking when making the thing.

someone kind enough managed to get a hold of the source code

http://www.mediafire.com/?9b2o6iygg92cc8h

You don't know who that troll was, do you? I have an inkling, but I'd rather not point fingers just yet.

But someone might as well close this thread since a moron reported the page.

You're taking this a little too seriously.

the_randomizer

(Fixed previous post) Yeah, I probably am, but nevertheless, PJ64 is one emulator I don't want to see have an ignominious death, and I saw nothing wrong with Mudlord maintaining it after it was dumped by Jabo (which I think was for personal reasons).

Zera

I guess PJ64 will remain outdated. It's too bad, there was some promissing work being done in that Git.

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
Don't worry about it. Like PsyMan said, the code is already out there. Mudlord deleted it and it does need a new home. Just hang tight and hack away at your own copy until someone is ready to maintain a new central repository. I thought the leak came from LazyUSF/64th Note. I don't think Jabo would leak PJ64's source exclusively to stab zilmar in the back, that doesn't make sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.