What's new

Help With Perfect Dark Netplay Please

ff7squirrelman

Hi, I could use some help getting perfect dark netplay working. I've posted this on several forums because I wasn't sure if it was an emulator problem, a Kaillera problem, my computer/internet or something else. I own perfect dark and the perfect dark remake but me and my brothers want to be able to play online vs each other and the remake isn't as good imo.

Using this setup (listed later), I am able to run the game perfectly on my computer, but when we try playing online the game either drops to like 10 fps for everyone and is unplayable or desynchs.

I'm using:
perfect dark 1.1 usa
Emulator: Mupen64k 0.8, I've tried a few others but they were either worse or I couldn't figure out how to host a game (I think I had this problem with 1964)
video plugin - Myglide64 v3.2 (I have also tried others like jabo's)
input plugin - n-rage v2 2.2 beta (needed for mouse aiming)
sound plugin - i've tried both azimers 2, which tends to be buggy for me and jabos.
rsp plugin - Hacktarux/Azimer hle rsp plugin (default and only rsp plugin I have)

I have tried a bunch of diffirent settings, and we are all using the same save file. i've also tried it at the smallest resolution settings in windowed mode.

I have tried it with rawdata (in the input plugin) checked and unchecked.

I have port forwarded it and had one game I tried where we didn't desynch and it stayed connected the entire time, several minutes, but our fps was like 10.

computer specs
---------------
I'm not sure what information is necessary but heres the system specs in my system information.

Internet: Dsl (I think I get about 250kb/sec, plenty for any other game so I don't think this is the problem).

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
System Manufacturer Gateway
System Model GT5628
System Type x64-based PC
Processor Intel(R)Core(TM)2QuadCPU Q6600 2.40GHz, 2394 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical

Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Intel Corp. DPP3510J.15A.0316.2008.0522.1909, 5/22/2008
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 3.93 GB
Available Physical Memory 2.25 GB
Total Virtual Memory 7.86 GB
Available Virtual Memory 5.99 GB
Page File Space 3.93 GB

I tried a dozen different plugins and settings and don't know what to try now, any help would be appreciated or even if you could point me to a better place to ask (though again i've posted it on a few forums relevant to the subject). Oh and for testing purposes we tried Mario kart using the same setup online and it worked fine.

F

Fanatic 64

Perfect Dark has "High system requirements" and many video plugin are terribly slow with it. The best I could suggest is traiyng with Glide64 or playing another similar games like GoldenEye, The World is not Enough, etc.

R

raganinjo

My configuration.

Perfect Dark (U) (V1.1) [!]
Emulator: Mupen64++ Beta 0.1.3.12 (Best fot 1st person shooter games to play online.)
video plugin - Glide64 'Napalm' Public Release 1.22 (Actually doesn't matter which Glide64 you will use for this game)
input plugin - Jabo's DirectInput7 1.6 (I use gamepad.I recommend to use N-Rage`s Direct-Input8 V2 1.83 for you.)
sound plugin - Jabo's DirectSound 1.6 (zilmar's Audio Plugin another great & fast sound plugin)
rsp plugin - RSP emulation Plugin (Hacktarux/Azimer hle rsp plugin sounds better,but slower.)

BAREGA

Perfect Dark (U) (V1.1) [!]
Emulator: Mupen64++ Beta 0.1.3.12 (Best fot 1st person shooter games to play online.)
video plugin - Glide64 'Napalm' Public Release 1.22 (Actually doesn't matter which Glide64 you will use for this game)
input plugin - Jabo's DirectInput7 1.6 (I use gamepad.I recommend to use N-Rage`s Direct-Input8 V2 1.83 for you.)
sound plugin - Jabo's DirectSound 1.6 (zilmar's Audio Plugin another great & fast sound plugin)
rsp plugin - RSP emulation Plugin (Hacktarux/Azimer hle rsp plugin sounds better,but slower.)

You are everywhere. How can you do this?????