What's new

Help with installing "A's M&R Video Plugin".

natsumerio

My OS = Windows 7 home premium 32-bit version, USA english language edition.
My N64 emulators = Project64 1.6 & Project64 1.7.0.49

On May 14, 2012, I downloaded "Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video" plugin (version 6.1.8) for the above N64 emulators. However, the topic that I downloaded it from leaves a few MAJOR questions.

1) Do I need EVERYTHING that's in the download, & if not, then which things do I need?
2) Of the things in the download that I need, where do I install them? The topic that I downloaded it from gives nobody any clue about where I'm supposed to install any of it. I'm not stupid when it comes to emulators, but the lack of (install X here) information in that topic is useless. Try to include information for both versions of Project64 listed above (read top of post).

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
Where did you downloaded Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video? It's outdated and has been replaced by 1964video.
Also there will be no support for PJ64 1.7 here, because it has it's own beta forum and if you got the file legally, you should know that. ;)
1.) A download always tries to be as complete as possible. So don't delete anything, okay?
2.) 1964Video.dll & 1964Video.ini goes into the plugin directory. Nothing more so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
N

natsumerio

There's a topic around here called "Aristotle's Mudlord & Rice Video". I would assume that you would know that the system bans new members from posting links (I won't bother to defend that rule), so I can't link to it, but that's where I downloaded it from. IF you had downloaded the file that I downloaded, you'd see that there are 2 folders in it, one called "Source" & one called "Release". My experience is that usually a 'Source' of something is an unnecessary compilation of the resources that were used to make the finished download, & is intended for those who want to take it apart, examine it's inner workings, & maybe try to rebuild a better version. Hence my question about that.

As for whether or not I can even ask questions about Project64 1.7, just ban my account now if that's everybody's attitude here about that, but you can forget about me EVER apologizing for having it (or for having uploaded it to a few sites).

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
I don't intend in banning you, just wanted to tell you, that we won't give support for it. It's donationware for long time and everyone who obtains it without donation doesn't show the respect for the authors in my eyes.
But we don't need to start a "war of religion" at all. ;) Just stop to spread the information, that you obtained it illegal and also spread it!
Did you tried the 1964video plugin? And you were right, with the source folder, it normally is for developers and can be ignored for standard users.

OP
N

natsumerio

Sorry about being a bit testy about PJ64 1.7. Actually, I'll need to test it against PJ64 1.6 now that I have Jabo's 3 "1.6.1" dll files, which he says are even better than the 1.7 versions. They may end up making PJ64 1.7 obsolete compared to PJ64 1.6 with his 3 "1.6.1" dll files.

I'll have to wait until this May 17 to download & try anything. The library that I'm at right now filter-blocks everything, making their online access a joke, but on May 17 I'll be at a library that doesn't use a filter-block.