What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

Hate to be a bother, but I can't for the life of me get Djipi's latest pack to run.

tymann23

Yes, before you ask I've read the tutorial on placing the two DAT files inside cache folder. And using glide as your plugin. I set everything up according to what the tutorial described, to a shocking no avail whatsoever. Every time I go to run Project64 after setting it all up it loads up the ROM 100% and says Emulation started, and before the game starts running I get an INSTANT crash every single time. I'm in dire need of help At the moment. Just in case you need to know I have Windows 7. Please, if you could help it'd be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

OP
T

tymann23

You know, I don't mean to come across as a dick here. But, this thread has gotten over 70 views and noone has said a thing. I'd be appreciative if even someone tried to give me their input. That's all. I mean I'm really struggling here and noone seems to give a damn. Not trying to complain, but come on. I asked as nicely as I possibly could. Nevermind...Just forget it.

OP
T

tymann23

Update: Just for the hell of it, I tried running all my ROM's and EVERY single one of them did the same thing as OoT. It crashes as soon as it says Emulation started. Project64 just completely closes out, I don't know what the hell is wrong. Every other plugin I've used works for me for the most part, ironically I hear left and right that "Glide64 is the way to go in terms of video plugins". Go figure.

death--droid

Firstly DO NOT double post unless you have a good reason to, in your case It is completely uneeded and will not help you cause. Also do not expect a reply in just one day this forum isn't that active at times, and also the views represnt that of unregistered users as well as normal users so you can not expect a reply just because its gotten 70view. And as I said, continually bumping your topic isnt going to make anyone want to help you more.
In other words we need a bit more information, like what graphics card do you have, what processor, how much ram etc..

Also state wether your running Project 64 as an admin, and what version of glide64 that your are attempting to use.

Last edited:
OP
T

tymann23

Oh....I'm sorry. Well, I wasn't intending to triple post there, I was just giving anyone who could help me an update on what was happening, so they'd have more information, but nonetheless I understand double and triple posting is what it is either way, my apologies. My GPU is outdated, it's a Nvidia 6150, and I believe it's integrated possibly.

My processor is an Athlon single core, and clocks out at 2.2 GHZ, yea I know my computer is pretty outdated, nonetheless I can run PSX N64 games etc, at 60 FPS, with hi-res textures on OoT, I get 50 FPS so I know it's not because of my computer being outdated and not being able to handle it.....Soo, not sure. Oh, I finally got Glide64 to work but I CAN'T get it to read the two Djipi 2011 DAT files, it'll only read the normal "PNG" file way of using hi-res textures. So, I'm not sure. But, as of right now I've used a couple different versions, but right now I'm using the Napalm version I believe. And, yes I've tried running as administrator numerous times, makes no difference unfortunately.

OP
T

tymann23

I finally got it to run consistently when I chose to run it in compatibility mode for Windows XP, BUT, Djipi's pack STILL won't load. I can get other packs to load that aren't DAT files, I don't understand this. It's almost as if it just ignores that they're even there. Have you ever had a problem like this? Or, do you know anyone else that has? I mean I'm stumped, I have no clue what to try anymore.

OP
T

tymann23

FINALLY, I got it death droid!! You may close this thread if you'd like, and thanks for your help. Also, the Glide64 plugin once you get it up and working, is far superior to the others I must say. I'm not seeing the glitches I would get sometimes with Mudlord's Rice etc. Once again, thank you for your help. Also, off topic but I thought I'd let you know I've been studying the whole re-texture thing. I'm starting to get the hang of it, and I'm not saying it's official but as of right now I'm working on a Conker's BFD re-texture project at the moment. If I feel that it'd be something I could release, I'll post screenshots updates ETC. Cheers.