This pack represents my own vision of how the game could look like on a next gen beast of a console but that's NEVER gonna happen in the near future (i wish the Switch VC version would contain the textures used in the cinematics or promotional renders but i highly doubt it). I hope you can enjoy this gem of a game in 4k and 8k. While the HUD and the fonts will still look decent in 8k HD, the other textures might be too small at only 8x the original size, but maybe i'll revisit the pack in 3 years or so and release an update where everything is at least 16 times the original size.
- The HUD (and i'm referring to both the interface and the pre-rendered words used during the menus/map) comes in two sizes: 4x and 8x.
- Every other texture is between 8 and 64 times the original size, but the standard is 8, especially for large textures that go up to 8192.
- When viewed from afar, my textures are pretty close to the originals but i'm not trying to rework Nintendo's textures in detail so my texture pack's not meant to satisfy a purist's wet dream.
- Itried to add a 3Dish look to most of the textures, as if everything was made of detailed abstract 3D models (i have the flat textures as well but i will NOT release such a pack atm).
I recommend using 4x HUD if you use an Internal Resolution between 3-5, for anything above use the 8x HUD.2. I recommend using an Ishiiruka Build if you wanna make use of the reworked specular maps that fit the new textures you must use Ishiiruka because the standard Dolphin uses a transparent background (while Ishiiruka uses black background) for single channel textures and it's very difficult or impossible to create the proper maps for the normal Dolphin. If you wanna use the Default Dolphin you'll have to delete the folder called Ishiiruka but the game will load the default specular maps that wont fit some reworked textures...
Crappyrights! (these apply to all of my texture packs)
1. You are free to use any of the files from this pack for your own RETEXTURE project as LONG as it's not for the SAME game (you can use my Super Mario Sunshine textures for your own Super Mario Galaxy or SM64 project but NOT for Super Mario Sunshine), but you'd have to point the link to the DolphinForum/Emutalk thread[/b] of the pack you used the files from (you don't have to say who created them, just link it).
2. You can use the textures for any non Dolphin related project (no matter the game), such as this gem.
3. If you wanna make an Ishiiruka materials update for this pack, similar to formfactor's Super Mario Galaxy material packs, contact me, since i can provide you with flatter textures so you can add depth through the material map (AFAIK there are some issues with materials on SMSS). In this case, you can either upload the material files and the NEW base textures (the flat ones i'll provide or my files that you've edited to flatten our through some detail removing technique) on your own thread but you cannot release the other files in my pack. Basically, your pack will be an update that users should copy over my pack.
4. If you wanna use my projectas a starting point (or use them as PLACEHOLDERS while u build up your project) or wanna take over one of my projects, CONTACT me.
The limitations are meant to keep my packs from being mixed up with subpar quality textures, therefore the limitations do not apply to the people who value quality above all (their textures are way better than my amateurish stuff) such as: CDAMJC, BigHead, Invader, Admentus, Techie Android, , . Check their work to see what i'm talking about.
Download Links for the alpha release: PNG format only
A. Must have
1. Full Pack 980 MB Contains everything: Ingame textures, Mipmaps, 8x Interface - if you wanna use the 4x interface you have to download it from below
2. Update contains 2 fixed textures and their mipmaps + few new ones
- i'm gonna release new textures on a daily basis, until i'm gonna merge them into the beta version of the pack.
- includes a few fixed texture from the Full Pack. You must copy these textures to the INGAME folder and overwrite the existing ones
4x Interface 28MB
for those who downloaded the pack i released Saturday night (i will remove these links in a few days, so there
How to pick the HUD size based on the Internal Resolution size.
- If you're going to use the 4x textures at 5x Native, then the HUD will be stretched up and appear a bit blurry but it's playable, it actually gives it that retro blurry console smear (haven't tested with Ishiiruka but i think that the texture scaling settings might make the 4x textures look nice even at 8x the native resolution).
- If you're going to use the 8x textures at 6x Native, then the HUD will be down scaled and appear quite sharp but you can fix this cranking up the antialiasing.
Feel free to experiment and pick your own HUD size to play with, these are my recommendations:[/align]
Screenshots from the alpha release
Beta release (last week of March)
- some Ishiiruka textures for specular maps, waster textures or particles
- fixed fonts for dialogue and cinematics, for both the EU and US version
- new textures (the most important ones) for the following levels: Airstrip, Delfino Plaza, Bianco Hills, Ricco Harbor, Gelato Beach and Pinna Park. I won't get into the other levels (Sirena Beach, Noki Bay, Corona Mountain and Pianta Village) because i don't have the time and i don't really like those levels.
- ALL the plants and enemies (unless i'm missing some textures since i didn't really play the whole game, just went through some levels and dumped files)
- some new particles
- 2 variations for some HUD elements (the textures for WATER/SCORE/TIME/JUICE): a rework of gamecube's original ones and those in my old project
- 1 variation for the rendered words in the menus/scoreboards: those in my old project
- I will NOT reproduce the original trees because they ruin the atmosphere i wanna create: CLARITY and DEPTH (through stronger contrast and saturation)
Last edited by razius; March 14th, 2017 at 10:03. Reason: Updated project