What's new

Performance Problems - Wind Waker

ahak

Hi there,

I wanted to play The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker on Dolphin-win-x64-v3.0-592. The problem is that I can't get the game to run at 100% speed or at least at a stable 90%+. I tried various graphic settings, but without satisfying results.

Shouldn't it run without problems on my system (in the signature)? Does anybody know what I could do or what might be the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Ahak

CHR15x94

Local nut
You should be able to play WW with your PC. There'd still be the odd slowdowns every once in a while, but should be quite playable. What settings have you tried? You should probably use something along the lines of this:

Main config:
General: Enable dual core, enable idle skipping, enable lock threads to core, use JIT recompiler, frame limit set to auto.
Audio: Use DSP HLE.

Graphics config:
General: Use DX9 backend, no v-sync.
Enhancements: Use Auto (multiple of 640x528)
Hacks: Texture cache accuracy set to fast.

Other stuff should be set to their default.

You should be able to get pretty close to fullspeed though. The main config settings and use of DX9 is probably going to give you the highest FPS.

- Chris

You should be able to play WW with your PC. There'd still be the odd slowdowns every once in a while, but should be quite playable. What settings have you tried? You should probably use something along the lines of this:

Main config:
General: Enable dual core, enable idle skipping, enable lock threads to core, use JIT recompiler, frame limit set to auto.
Audio: Use DSP HLE.

Graphics config:
General: Use DX9 backend, no v-sync.
Enhancements: Use Auto (multiple of 640x528)
Hacks: Texture cache accuracy set to fast.

Other stuff should be set to their default.

You should be able to get pretty close to fullspeed though. The main config settings and use of DX9 is probably going to give you the highest FPS.

- Chris

Internal Resolution should be set to 1x with a weak GPU, not auto multiple.