What's new

Demul 5.7 Disc Swapping

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
IIRC, Config --> GD-ROM, click Eject to "eject" the current disc image, and then select the next disc image (whichever image is Disc 2). Then click OK.

OP
M

movie fan

ah i should have figured that but i don't think it works with the game im trying to play D2

deusex

Hello guys! I am playing the game D2 on Demul 0.75
I have the discs on CDI format. I finished the first disc but I cannot swap it with the second one. Your explanation sounds easy enough and it seems as the natural way to do it, but it does not work. Anyone have any suggestions? Have anyone played through D2 ?

WindDrake

Swapping discs is broken. The emulator never tells the console that the lid has been opened.

I know on RE:CV you save at the end of disc 1, shut the emulator down, switch images to disc 2, boot it, and pick LOAD. Does D2 work similarly?

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The swapping implementation on demul should be more or less correct.

The problem is that some games don't read the drive and disc state at all. They rely on error handling to detect swapping and that's a painful thing to implement.

Games that detect the disc change by looking if the lid opened and closed, or by checking if the drive is fed with a disc should work.

Games that detect the disc change by waiting until the correct drive errors are generated will not work, and D2 as well as Resident Evil Code Veronica are amongst those games.

The only licensed game that requires disc swapping to continue is D2 cause it doesn't let you save at the end of each disc. Unfortunately it does this using an unsupported way. Tough luck I guess. :p

Last edited:

jlaidlaw86

The only licensed game that requires disc swapping to continue is D2 cause it doesn't let you save at the end of each disc. Unfortunately it does this using an unsupported way.

Is this true?
I have headhunter for DC and I want to know if it is a game that let's you save at the end of disc 1, turn the console/emu off, and then start disc 2 using your last save.

Or does this game ask you to swap discs in-game when you reach the end of disc 1 in order to continue playing (like metal gear solid for ps1 did)