What's new

problem with demul

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahdi1995

when I try to use this emulator I encounter this error:
Unable to find '1_01d_01.bin' in romset 'dc'.
what's wrong?

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Do you have dc.zip archive (the BIOS set) in the roms directory with at least 1_01d_01.bin in the archive?

OP
M

mahdi1995

Do you have dc.zip archive (the BIOS set) in the roms directory with at least 1_01d_01.bin in the archive?

No! They are bloody hard to get;wherever I tried to get them people kept telling me that It's against the law!

smcd

Yep, in most countries they will be covered by some form of copyright law. They *are* out there to be found though. ;-)

OP
M

mahdi1995

Yep, in most countries they will be covered by some form of copyright law. They *are* out there to be found though. ;-)

what should I do?
I can't believe how ridiculous these rules are! you shouldn't ask for bioses in the forum and in other hand It's impossible to use the emulators which are talked about in the forum without them!

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
BIOS is software and thus falls under copyright held by the original console manufacturer. Commercial games are also covered by copyright, being software. Distributing copyrighted material in any form without the rights holders' explicit permission is copyright infringement. This is the reason why emulator authors do not bundle the BIOS files nor games with their emulators. This is also the reason why we don't link to BIOS files and games on this forum.

We don't make the rules "just for teh lulz". Rules are rules for a very good reason.

Games and BIOS files alike are not hard to find, just don't expect us to help you with copyright infringement.

Last edited:

smcd

By not actively supplying files that could lead to legal liabilities, it helps prevent places from being shut down. But as mentioned above, google can return results for these bios files that demul requires...

As the discussion is likely to result in nothing further of value, gonna go ahead and close.

Status
Not open for further replies.