What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

San Francisco RUSH - Retextures WIP

xxh3llraiserxx

Hello !!

First of all , I'm new here... so hi all !! ^^

Second , english is not my native language. So, forgive me for any language mistakes.

Third , I'm very tired of the today games (next-gen) , they became very boring for me (I want the fun factor , not only fuc***g awesome graphics). And as a big fan of the old games and for having nothing better to do, I'm starting this retexture project.

I already played alot of games through emulators (PCSX2 , SNES9X , Project64 , EPSXE and some DOSBOX games). So far so good, they all have stolen my attention :happy: but some days past I've searched for something different about these emulators and I found these retexture projects for N64 games.

I've started with modding a few weeks ago , I don't have any knowledge about modding but I'm trying to learn as fast as I can. This is my first retexture mod in all my life.

If anyone want to help me giving some tips or want to join my project , I will be grateful.

So far I've changed some road textures (also grass , sand , rocks , gravel) , some trees (got some problems here :c ) , some fences , changed some other minor things :happy: and done the top of one car (just one color for now and just the top because I'm trying to figure out how to do the other parts :ermm:).

The textures of this game are very bad (if I dumped right :happy:), mostly of them are in extremely low resolution (especially textures with texts and symbols) and is almost impossible to see what is.

Let's stop with words now and start with some pics :saint:

Attachments

• Glide64_S.F.RUSH_01.jpg
    Glide64_S.F.RUSH_01.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 251
  • Glide64_S.F.RUSH_02.jpg
    Glide64_S.F.RUSH_02.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Glide64_S.F.RUSH_03.jpg
    Glide64_S.F.RUSH_03.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 307
  • Glide64_S.F.RUSH_04.jpg
    Glide64_S.F.RUSH_04.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 189
  • Glide64_S.F.RUSH_05.jpg
    Glide64_S.F.RUSH_05.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 112
  • Glide64_S.F.RUSH_08.jpg
    Glide64_S.F.RUSH_08.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 112
  • Glide64_S.F.RUSH_09.jpg
    Glide64_S.F.RUSH_09.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 118
  • Glide64_S.F.RUSH_12.jpg
    Glide64_S.F.RUSH_12.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 124
  • Glide64_S.F.RUSH_15.jpg
    Glide64_S.F.RUSH_15.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 127
  • Glide64_S.F.RUSH_16.jpg
    Glide64_S.F.RUSH_16.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
You always should post before/after pictures, because it's always hard for users to spot the difference, which don't know the game or don't remember how the game looked many years ago.
But it's nice to see a "new" game started to get retextured!
Keep it coming!

Last edited:
OP
X

xxh3llraiserxx

You always should post before/after pictures, because it's always hard for users to spot the difference, which don't know the game or don't remember how the game looked many years ago.
But it's nice to see a "new" game started to get retextured!
Keep it coming!

Yeah... I now about the pictures , but since this mod is just at beginning and I'm getting some trouble with the textures (don't know if the size of the texture affects the quality in-game
) I will not post comparison pictures until some textures reach the "final" stage.

But soon I will make an video showing the differences (until there, people can watch some videos of the game to see the "old" textures)