Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

San Francisco RUSH - Retextures WIP

Hello !!

First of all , I'm new here... so hi all !! ^^

Second , english is not my native language. So, forgive me for any language mistakes.

Third , I'm very tired of the today games (next-gen) , they became very boring for me (I want the fun factor , not only fuc***g awesome graphics). And as a big fan of the old games and for having nothing better to do, I'm starting this retexture project.

I already played alot of games through emulators (PCSX2 , SNES9X , Project64 , EPSXE and some DOSBOX games). So far so good, they all have stolen my attention but some days past I've searched for something different about these emulators and I found these retexture projects for N64 games.

I've started with modding a few weeks ago , I don't have any knowledge about modding but I'm trying to learn as fast as I can. This is my first retexture mod in all my life.

If anyone want to help me giving some tips or want to join my project , I will be grateful.

So far I've changed some road textures (also grass , sand , rocks , gravel) , some trees (got some problems here :c ) , some fences , changed some other minor things and done the top of one car (just one color for now and just the top because I'm trying to figure out how to do the other parts ).

The textures of this game are very bad (if I dumped right ), mostly of them are in extremely low resolution (especially textures with texts and symbols) and is almost impossible to see what is.

Let's stop with words now and start with some pics
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glide64_S.F.RUSH_01.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	109.9 KB 
ID:	38164   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glide64_S.F.RUSH_02.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	119.5 KB 
ID:	38165   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glide64_S.F.RUSH_03.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	131.1 KB 
ID:	38166   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glide64_S.F.RUSH_04.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	38167   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glide64_S.F.RUSH_05.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	89.8 KB 
ID:	38168  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glide64_S.F.RUSH_08.jpg 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	38169   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glide64_S.F.RUSH_09.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	131.7 KB 
ID:	38170   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glide64_S.F.RUSH_12.jpg 
Size:	117.3 KB 
ID:	38171   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glide64_S.F.RUSH_15.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	95.8 KB 
ID:	38172   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glide64_S.F.RUSH_16.jpg 
Size:	89.5 KB 
ID:	38173  

Last edited by xxh3llraiserxx; March 22nd, 2012 at 19:16.

Master of the Emulation Flame MasterPhW's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You always should post before/after pictures, because it's always hard for users to spot the difference, which don't know the game or don't remember how the game looked many years ago.
    But it's nice to see a "new" game started to get retextured!
    Keep it coming!
    Last edited by MasterPhW; March 22nd, 2012 at 21:10.
    The Future of Emulation: Emulate a High End Computer on a Low End System
    Main: Intel Core i7 (Lynnfiled) 860 (@3.802Ghz) | 8 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI XFX HD 5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device | 256 GB SSD + 3 TB Internal SATA2 + 4 TB external | Windows 7 Professional X64 SP1 MSDNAA
    Netbook: Asus EeePC 1015PEM | Intel Atom Dual Core N550 (1,5GHz) | 2GB DDR3-1066 | Intel GMA 3150 | 250GB HDD | Win 7 Starter
    Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 SP1 MSDNAA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterPhW View Post
    You always should post before/after pictures, because it's always hard for users to spot the difference, which don't know the game or don't remember how the game looked many years ago.
    But it's nice to see a "new" game started to get retextured!
    Keep it coming!
    Yeah... I now about the pictures , but since this mod is just at beginning and I'm getting some trouble with the textures (don't know if the size of the texture affects the quality in-game
    ) I will not post comparison pictures until some textures reach the "final" stage.

But soon I will make an video showing the differences (until there, people can watch some videos of the game to see the "old" textures)

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed