What's new

unreleased/limited released hardware

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
it would be cool to have a thread for showing off some really cool hardware. So I have posted one and you are here :)

Cyberman

I think the guy needs to learn how to properly use a camera. (UGH) all that freaking noise was VERY distracting. The hard ware was interesting but I had to pause it twice because he didn't think to PAUSE the camera when he was moving it. So essentially the Dolphin is the Pre Game Cube huh? Cyb

OP
NES_player4LIFE

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
yeah not the best camera man.

yeah Dolphin was the beta prototype for the gamecube, the thing is huge thou and more like a computer.

Cyberman

yeah not the best camera man.

My eyes are still twitching I swear (my ears too).

yeah Dolphin was the beta prototype for the gamecube, the thing is huge thou and more like a computer.
I noticed that, it is intersting. of course the Wii is just a more powerful variant of the GC (which is actually a good way of doing thins unlike Baloney does). I swear they get off just making everything different in each hardware version to be annoying. PS1-PS2 totally incompatible, ditto with the PS2-PS3. I have TONS of PS2 games I would LOVE to play on my PS3 but the hardware 'emulation' was borked to begin with (or didn't actually exist).

Personally I would have preferred a more direct mapping in terms of compatibility of the hardware Ps2 to PS3. This is something that Sony did that appears to be mostly due to the influence of there 'media' department. It's affected there entire business. (that's like letting Salesman control engineering, nothing ever gets done as a consequence but it costs LOTS of money).

The Arch is Power PC with custom instructions correct? If I remember there was some embedded dram used to improve performance etc.

Cyb