What's new

4DO 1.1.6.3 Beta

winter_mute

Galactic FREAK
Category: <b>3DO</b><br><br>4DO is an open-source, low-level emulator based on the FreeDO source code.

4do.jpg

Latest improvements:
+ Wing Commander 3 video rendering fixed. It took me quite a while to track down the problems, but the video rendering in Wing Commander 3 is now fixed! Additionally, Viktor has added some freeze fixes to resolve several of the freezes seen when playing videos! As a result, the game is now quite playable! Please be aware that I have still run into a couple freezes during the videos a couple times. If you happen to find a reproducible case, please leave a comment!
+ Timing / freeze fixes. Viktor has added timing behavior to work around occasional loading screen freezes in these games:
- Immercenary
- Scramble Cobra
- Twisted (EU version)
- Street Fighter II (There were no known freezes for this one, this is just a timing fix)
+ As a result of the rendering fixes, some of issues seen in other games are also fixed. Known examples (spotted by Viktor) are:
- The Horde
- Jurassic Park - in the car mission
- Wicked 18 - fonts fixed
+ Spanish translations correctly added. I neglected to release the translated files in 1.1.6.2! (Translations contributed by Antonio `Bloodbat` Ramirez!)
+ This version also includes some corrections to the French translations.

Visit official homepage and sourceforge repository for latest files and further information.