What's new

Demul 0.57 problem

NGboo

I'm happy that the official 0.57 is out, but I have a problem - when I enter fullscreen mode, there are graphic glitches in every game and sometimes the screen starts flickering... :down: Anybody knows what might be the cause of this? The previous version worked fine when in fullscreen.

OP
N

NGboo

I forgot to add that fullscreen flickering happens with both gpuDXLegacy and gpuDXv3. I can't use gpuDX11, since my OS is Windows XP SP3. Any way to solve this?

Wade007

I have the same issue. Using Demul 5.7 on a Windows 7 64 bit machine.

If I match the windowed mode to the same resolution as my full screen there is no flicker. No problem. It's only when I force full screen by pressing ALT + ENTER that some games (not all) will flicker. A couple that I noticed are Extreme Hunting and Demolish Fist.

The only thing I can think of is set full screen mode in Demul to match your monitors full screen and center the window as carefully as you can to fill the screen. The Windows bar at the top can be minimized if you press F3. At least that will get rid of the menu portion.

Running Demul with the latest version of Direct X may help:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/821981

Does this same issue occur in earlier versions of Demul? Version .56 or earlier? Or is it a new bug that didn't get fixed in the latest version?

ABACABB

I have this same issue with Win7 64 bit. This is a new bug that I never saw in version .56. I keep checking back here to see if someone has found a fix or the devs released another update that eliminates this problem. Strange things is it doesn't happen with all games, just a few of the ones I have.

I am currently running the lastest version of DirectX but I still have the problem.