bsnes is a Nintendo, Super Nintendo, and Game Boy Color emulator, that began development on 2004-10-14. It focuses on accuracy and clean code above all else. It never uses speed or compatibilty hacks. As a result, the minimum system requirements are greater than with other emulators.
Changelog for v085 :
- fixed auto joypad polling edge case; fixes Ys 5 controls
- fixed Justifier polling code; Lethal Enforcers should be fully responsive once again
- rewrote SNES S-SMP processor core (~20% code reduction)
- fixed Game Boy 8x16 sprite mode; fixed some sprites in Zelda: Link's Awakening
- treat Game Boy HuC1 RAM enable flag as writable flag instead; fixes Pokemon Card GB
- created far faster XML parser; bsnes can now load XML files once again
- updated to mightymo's most recent cheat code database
- internal color calculations now performed at 30-bits per pixel
- gamma slider now acts as fine-tuned gamma ramp option
- Linux OpenGL driver will output at 30bpp on capable displays
- Linux port defaults to GTK+ now instead of Qt (both are still available)
Check out project website for latest files and informations.