What's new

1964 1.2(Unofficial) - Release Topic

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
hi, i'm the translator of mupen and project64 (i regret the translation i made to Pj64 1.6, i was lazy and didnt fix what was needed to fix and i made a new one with everything as it should be ;) ) and i updated the translation of 1964 too, i want to report something aside submitting my updated/fixed translation:

1 - i have the same problem as Siskoo with pt-br language file, the about box gets messed up too, i'm sending a pic to show you.

2 - a small problem: 1964 doesnt save the main window, dialog boxes and columns positions.

3 - i'm waiting the fix for the language files to see if i need to report about the "about" dialog box and other windows need to get bigger to fully display the translations.

4 - idk if this will change after my report but i need to try, i compressed better the files of 1964 from 3,25 MB with zip to 1,91 MB with 7zip, since yabause changed to 7zip i believe it wouldnt hurt to ask for that here. ;)

Attachments

• Brazilian Portuguese 1964 1.2.7z
    3.8 KB · Views: 221
  • imagem.JPG
    imagem.JPG
    100 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Thank you for, I'll try and take all your changes into consideration and hopefully fix up all problems with translations when I get to starting over on the source code.

Martin

Administrator
Nice job Felipe. Of course I don't understand anything of it but still, good job. :)

Felipe

Brazilian Translator
Martin - thanks, and it's good to see you back after all these years, even cooler the fact you kept the forum even being absent. :)

Death2Droid - i didnt say this in my previous post: could you please change the color of the toolbar? black is really horrible and it would be cool if it was possible to remove it like in the windows programs. ;)

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

It shouldn't actually be black xD, so thats another problem that seems to occour with windows XP systems :\, I'll see what I can do though, I might just end up removing the toolbar and cleaning up the menus

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
Hello everyone. It's been some time since I've been posted on these boards, or followed up on N64 emulation (about 6 years!). I've looked some stuff up here and there, but recently my interest has been renewed and I've been working on my N64 config list again. There's been some nice changes to some stuff over the years, but as I can see nothing is close to perfect so maybe there is still some use for it to the public.

But I didn't post to publicize, I just had to have an intro hehe. I really want to take the time to say nice work on this community updated version of 1964. I really like the integrated overclocking feature that was first in 1964 Ultrafast and the overall look of the emulator. I want to share some possible bugs or anomalies that I found while testing it out with some games, maybe it will help improve it in the long run.

I am using a build of r112 (latest on the Google code site).

First off some plugin concerns.
- Revision number in the graphics plugins when clicking "About" in the Plugin selection menu seems off. Latest in "community version" says r94, in "DX9" plugin says r46. Shouldn't this number match the revision of the emulator or do the plugins have separate revisions?
- The DX9 version of the plugin, has an option to choose OGL as the Render Engine. Is this normal?
- In the plugin named "community version", the render engine cannot be selected, and uses DX by default. To me, this seems like the reverse of how it should be (DX9 version only having DX, and the community version a selectable API).
- 1964 Audio v2.7 does not work in Project64 1.6 and can cause strange behavior (didn't try older ones). Sometimes a "lag spike" happens to my entire computer every few seconds. This isn't really an issue because it was made for 1964 and there are other alternatives for PJ64. Also does not seem to remember settings. I open it up, check "Synchronize speed to audio", hit Close, reopen its still unchecked. Last, the "About" page could use an update :).

Now some emulator bugs.
- UI seems a little off (I'm on Win7 64, dunno about other OS). The menu bar and shortcut bar overlap each other.
- Every Jabo's Direct3D plugin fails to work (even the oldest ones). Error "InitiateGFX called without CloseDLL", followed by a crash. This does not happen in official builds of 1964.
- Can no longer manually change the counter factor through "ROM Properties", now has to be done through ini. I don't see the need for this change, sometimes changing the CF on the fly can help find a better setting (unless there is something at work here that I don't understand).

Also found a strange reproducible error- Video settings fails to work after...
1. Choose any graphics plugin.
2. Load a game.
3. Stop emulation.
4. Change graphics plugin, hit OK.
5. Try to enter video settings, nothing.

That's all I can remember for now, there may have been a few other things but these are what stuck out to me. Anyway, great work on this update so far. Overclocking makes some games like A Bug's Life and Duck Dodgers seem like a whole new experience. Especially Duck Dodgers, FPS was awful in everything until OCing!

Edit: Just remembered one more bug. In either version of the graphics plugin (requires DirectX Render Engine setting in DX9 version), if Full Screen Anti-Aliasing is set to anything higher than 1X, then the emulator crashes when trying to load a game. For some reason it does not happen in Project64, but it happens in every other emulator I tried. Three error messages pop up in a row.

Error message 1: Can not initialize DX8, check your Direct settings. (DX8?)
Error message 2: Generic application error. Enable debug output for detailed information. This program will now exit.
Error message 3: Failed to get render, g_pRender is NULL.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Thanks for all the bug reports, I currently reccomend not to use the current 1964 Video (Rice Video) and 1964 itself. My changes have done more harm then help, I'm currrently slowly working on improved versions... but it might be awhile, I have a lack of enthusiasm at the moment, but I am hoping to get things done eventually.

Bighead

Oversized Cranium
I wouldn't go as far as not using it at all, there are some games that run very nice in the latest rev, and stable enough to play. From my testing, here is a small list of games (so far) that have a substantial frame rate boost or see improvements in 1964 v1.2 and still work great. I only use the DX9 version of the plugin for testing since it has the option of DX9 or OGL for rendering.

A Bug's Life
Disney's Donald Duck - Goin Quackers / Donald Duck - Quack Attack
Duck Dodgers Starring Daffy Duck / Looney Toons - Duck Dodgers
Earthworm Jim 3D
Extreme-G (no increase in FPS, but no drops either)
Extreme-G XG2 (same story)
F1 Racing Championship
F-1 Pole Position 64
Gex 3 - Deep Cover Gecko
Goldeneye 007
Jet Force Gemini
Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 (great increase in FPS, unstable due to audio)
Off Road Challenge
Perfect Dark
Quake II (no increase in FPS, but no drops during explosions)
Rayman 2 - The Great Escape
Super Robot Spirits (no overclocking needed for smooth FPS)
Taz Express (one of the few emulators that play this game, although it does work in 1964 v1.1 its nice to have another option)
Turok 2 - Seeds of Evil / Violence Killer - Turok New Generation (no FPS drops during explosions, better FPS overall)
V-Rally Edition 99
WCW vs. nWo - World Tour (graphics plugin currently more accurate than others with "TMEM Emulation" enabled)
World Cup 98 (great FPS without overclocking)

Obviously this list is very incomplete, and I hope to have a complete list of games in time. I figured it would be nice to post it anyway so others can see which games benefit. There are also many games that see improvements with the 1964 Video plugin over the older versions of plugins based on the Rice source. I won't post a list because it would probably be huge, my N64 list shows which games I tested like the plugin over other plugins (or equal to :) ). And of course no rush in releases, as of right now its already awesome for at least this list of games, which shows great improvements or enhancements over other emulators.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

Ok, I'm making some small progress, I've reverted the codes back to their bases and done some fairly basic cleanups, going to try reimplementing some of the functions more better, like re-adding the speedup hack, but not removing the counter-factor in the progress.
Also, just a thought, how many people actually use the toolbar in 1964??

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Okies :), just checking up on stuff, the UI kinda needs a complete rewrite but I dont think I have the skill up to that. xD
Btw if anyones feeling extremely generous to me, you can donate to me on code.google.com/p/emu-1964

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
Nice to hear you are reimplementing the clock speed modifier while leaving the counter factor feature in place. Better to have some code force it to 1 than to completely remove it. :)

I noticed that the vertex shader working exclusively for Diddy Kong Racing and Jet Force Gemini is attributed to different vertex handling in their 'special' ucodes. It's a lead I guess. (Where is Rice from 8 years ago?!)

I've got Zelda OoT working without the vertex shader, using the Rice 5.60 vertex clipper and the following ini entries:
AccurateTextureMapping=1
IncTexRectEdge
NormalAlphaBlender=1
PrimaryDepthHack
FrameBufferEmulation=3
RenderToTexture=3
ScreenUpdateSetting=5
DisableObjBG=1
However, there are some missing textures, like the sides of the top half of a treasure chest. If someone has insight, I like nudges.

Our video plugin bases are pretty close, too. I suppose we have something stable for Rice 6x with the older vertex clipper in place, but I'll need to get around to removing all those nasty #ifdef's and move some of the code to separate files.

Also, try to stay in the IRC channel all day, I keep missing you between timezones and schedules.

Last edited:
OP
death--droid

death--droid

:p yeah, it should be a pretty simple change to get it working alongside each other, its just pretty much forcing a value to one if the overclock is enabled.

Hmmm, could always be a chance where not handling the vertex's properly in the first place if their only working properly on the xbox in their 'special' ucodes for games like Diddy Kong Racing, kinda weird since most games seem to work fine on the computer. I havent actually seen Rice programming around for a long time , he popped up at the Dolphin-emu project for a little bit, but then he disappeared again.

Hmmm, any way you could get a screenshot of something of what is actuallly happening, would help devise whats going wrong.
Thats good, I'm not sure if I have you added to the google code for my repo as a contributor or not :\, just send me your email or what not if I havent.

XD, Ill try to stay on IRC all day, been busy with school, seems like when ever im at school is when your online or something like that

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Re-implemented the overclock function, it now runs alongside the counter factor, however if it is changed off of 100mhz (default), it will force the counter factor to 1.

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
Great!

I've spent some more time checking on the pixel shader combiner. Strangely, the other versions of Rice Video ported by Lantus don't have the custom pixel shader Rice6 has for Xbox. It makes me wonder where Rice got all of the Xbox code. I went ahead and switched to the PC's pixel shader combiner, but I still have to go over some changes between the other ports. It's very slow and leaks too much memory at this point, but it would mean less Xbox specific code in the repo.

Both pixel shaders have the bad clipping/missing texture for the treasure chest. This is with the D3DCLIPSTATUS8 code removed. Using the manual vertex clipper never gave issues in earlier versions of Rice Video, so it makes this issue particularly buggy for me.

OP
death--droid

death--droid

Glad to hear that you have being making progress on the xbox side of things!, would be good if Rice came back to clarify with some of the the changes that he made, though I can't really see that happening any time soon.

Hmmm yeah, I think im getting some of those problems as well XD

FrankN64

There is something wrong with the audio with TWINE in all the 1.2 builds upto r125. I only get sound with the bundled 1964 2.7 Audio, but with one big drawback. Walkways II level doesn't load correctly. Half the geometry isn't drawn. You can get out of the first room and across the first bridge, but you can't enter the building at the end of the bridge because there is nothing inside. This bug only happens when 1964 Audio 2.7 is selected. Trouble is, when I try to use Azimer's Audio HLE 0.56 WIP2, I get no sound at all, but at least the level is all there.

Pics show what you see as the level starts, before the chopper cuts the wall down, and the building at the end of the bridge with nothing inside.

Last edited:

FrankN64

Here is a save note from N-Rage Input plugin so you can start the City Of Walkways II level. I'm using rom named 007 - The World is Not Enough (U) [!].z64

The level plays fine in Project 64 1.6, but without speech.

Also level is bugged in UltraFast, you can't even get out of the first room using UltraFast and 1964 Audio.

Edit:
NICE64 v2.1.0 works fine.

2nd Edit:
NICE64 doesn't work fine! Kings Ransom level has same issue. There's supposed to be a corridor where that space is.

Last edited: