Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Me ^^
    www.emu-compatibility.com ==> compatibility list : Chankast, Satourne, Saturnin, Yabause, SSF.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Okies , just checking up on stuff, the UI kinda needs a complete rewrite but I dont think I have the skill up to that. xD
    Btw if anyones feeling extremely generous to me, you can donate to me on code.google.com/p/emu-1964
    If you appreciate some of the work I do, all donations are greatly appreciated

System Specs: CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0ghz 8-core, RAM: 2 x 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3, GPU: AMD Radeon 7770 GHz edition, System Drive: 120gb Samsung Evo SSD

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice to hear you are reimplementing the clock speed modifier while leaving the counter factor feature in place. Better to have some code force it to 1 than to completely remove it.

I noticed that the vertex shader working exclusively for Diddy Kong Racing and Jet Force Gemini is attributed to different vertex handling in their 'special' ucodes. It's a lead I guess. (Where is Rice from 8 years ago?!)

I've got Zelda OoT working without the vertex shader, using the Rice 5.60 vertex clipper and the following ini entries:
    AccurateTextureMapping=1
    IncTexRectEdge
    NormalAlphaBlender=1
    PrimaryDepthHack
    FrameBufferEmulation=3
    RenderToTexture=3
    ScreenUpdateSetting=5
    DisableObjBG=1
    However, there are some missing textures, like the sides of the top half of a treasure chest. If someone has insight, I like nudges.

Our video plugin bases are pretty close, too. I suppose we have something stable for Rice 6x with the older vertex clipper in place, but I'll need to get around to removing all those nasty #ifdef's and move some of the code to separate files.

Also, try to stay in the IRC channel all day, I keep missing you between timezones and schedules.
    Last edited by weinerschnitzel; April 4th, 2012 at 05:13. Reason: Clarification

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    yeah, it should be a pretty simple change to get it working alongside each other, its just pretty much forcing a value to one if the overclock is enabled.

Hmmm, could always be a chance where not handling the vertex's properly in the first place if their only working properly on the xbox in their 'special' ucodes for games like Diddy Kong Racing, kinda weird since most games seem to work fine on the computer. I havent actually seen Rice programming around for a long time , he popped up at the Dolphin-emu project for a little bit, but then he disappeared again.

Hmmm, any way you could get a screenshot of something of what is actuallly happening, would help devise whats going wrong.
    Thats good, I'm not sure if I have you added to the google code for my repo as a contributor or not :\, just send me your email or what not if I havent.

XD, Ill try to stay on IRC all day, been busy with school, seems like when ever im at school is when your online or something like that

System Specs: CPU: AMD FX 8350 4.0ghz 8-core, RAM: 2 x 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR3, GPU: AMD Radeon 7770 GHz edition, System Drive: 120gb Samsung Evo SSD

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Re-implemented the overclock function, it now runs alongside the counter factor, however if it is changed off of 100mhz (default), it will force the counter factor to 1.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Great!

I've spent some more time checking on the pixel shader combiner. Strangely, the other versions of Rice Video ported by Lantus don't have the custom pixel shader Rice6 has for Xbox. It makes me wonder where Rice got all of the Xbox code. I went ahead and switched to the PC's pixel shader combiner, but I still have to go over some changes between the other ports. It's very slow and leaks too much memory at this point, but it would mean less Xbox specific code in the repo.

Both pixel shaders have the bad clipping/missing texture for the treasure chest. This is with the D3DCLIPSTATUS8 code removed. Using the manual vertex clipper never gave issues in earlier versions of Rice Video, so it makes this issue particularly buggy for me.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Glad to hear that you have being making progress on the xbox side of things!, would be good if Rice came back to clarify with some of the the changes that he made, though I can't really see that happening any time soon.

Hmmm yeah, I think im getting some of those problems as well XD

• Advertising

advertising
      EmuTalk.net
      has no influence
      on the ads that
      are displayed

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There is something wrong with the audio with TWINE in all the 1.2 builds upto r125. I only get sound with the bundled 1964 2.7 Audio, but with one big drawback. Walkways II level doesn't load correctly. Half the geometry isn't drawn. You can get out of the first room and across the first bridge, but you can't enter the building at the end of the bridge because there is nothing inside. This bug only happens when 1964 Audio 2.7 is selected. Trouble is, when I try to use Azimer's Audio HLE 0.56 WIP2, I get no sound at all, but at least the level is all there.

Pics show what you see as the level starts, before the chopper cuts the wall down, and the building at the end of the bridge with nothing inside.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glide64_TWINE_01.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	307.9 KB 
ID:	38262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glide64_TWINE_02.png 
Views:	5 
Size:	399.3 KB 
ID:	38263  
    Last edited by FrankN64; April 24th, 2012 at 23:19.

EmuTalk Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Here is a save note from N-Rage Input plugin so you can start the City Of Walkways II level. I'm using rom named 007 - The World is Not Enough (U) [!].z64

The level plays fine in Project 64 1.6, but without speech.

Also level is bugged in UltraFast, you can't even get out of the first room using UltraFast and 1964 Audio.

Edit:
    NICE64 v2.1.0 works fine.

2nd Edit:
    NICE64 doesn't work fine! Kings Ransom level has same issue. There's supposed to be a corridor where that space is.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	MyGlide64_TWINE_01.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	362.0 KB 
ID:	38283  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by FrankN64; April 26th, 2012 at 22:53.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Hey FrankN64, would you mind please compiling all of this information you have found out about your information on here http://code.google.com/p/emu-1964/issues/list makes it easier to track things.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast