Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    hi, i'm the translator of mupen and project64 (i regret the translation i made to Pj64 1.6, i was lazy and didnt fix what was needed to fix and i made a new one with everything as it should be ) and i updated the translation of 1964 too, i want to report something aside submitting my updated/fixed translation:

1 - i have the same problem as Siskoo with pt-br language file, the about box gets messed up too, i'm sending a pic to show you.

2 - a small problem: 1964 doesnt save the main window, dialog boxes and columns positions.

3 - i'm waiting the fix for the language files to see if i need to report about the "about" dialog box and other windows need to get bigger to fully display the translations.

4 - idk if this will change after my report but i need to try, i compressed better the files of 1964 from 3,25 MB with zip to 1,91 MB with 7zip, since yabause changed to 7zip i believe it wouldnt hurt to ask for that here.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	imagem.JPG 
Views:	140 
Size:	100.0 KB 
ID:	38093  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Felipe; February 8th, 2012 at 21:51. Reason: A bug in vbulletin doesnt show the spaces between paragraphs as i'd like.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Thank you for, I'll try and take all your changes into consideration and hopefully fix up all problems with translations when I get to starting over on the source code.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Nice job Felipe. Of course I don't understand anything of it but still, good job.
    Tag me @Martin and I'll get back to you ASAP

The Emulation64 Network offers you free hosting!
    Click here for requirements and contact info.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Martin - thanks, and it's good to see you back after all these years, even cooler the fact you kept the forum even being absent.

Death2Droid - i didnt say this in my previous post: could you please change the color of the toolbar? black is really horrible and it would be cool if it was possible to remove it like in the windows programs.
    Last edited by Felipe; February 8th, 2012 at 21:50.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It shouldn't actually be black xD, so thats another problem that seems to occour with windows XP systems :\, I'll see what I can do though, I might just end up removing the toolbar and cleaning up the menus

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Hello everyone. It's been some time since I've been posted on these boards, or followed up on N64 emulation (about 6 years!). I've looked some stuff up here and there, but recently my interest has been renewed and I've been working on my N64 config list again. There's been some nice changes to some stuff over the years, but as I can see nothing is close to perfect so maybe there is still some use for it to the public.

But I didn't post to publicize, I just had to have an intro hehe. I really want to take the time to say nice work on this community updated version of 1964. I really like the integrated overclocking feature that was first in 1964 Ultrafast and the overall look of the emulator. I want to share some possible bugs or anomalies that I found while testing it out with some games, maybe it will help improve it in the long run.

I am using a build of r112 (latest on the Google code site).

First off some plugin concerns.
    - Revision number in the graphics plugins when clicking "About" in the Plugin selection menu seems off. Latest in "community version" says r94, in "DX9" plugin says r46. Shouldn't this number match the revision of the emulator or do the plugins have separate revisions?
    - The DX9 version of the plugin, has an option to choose OGL as the Render Engine. Is this normal?
    - In the plugin named "community version", the render engine cannot be selected, and uses DX by default. To me, this seems like the reverse of how it should be (DX9 version only having DX, and the community version a selectable API).
    - 1964 Audio v2.7 does not work in Project64 1.6 and can cause strange behavior (didn't try older ones). Sometimes a "lag spike" happens to my entire computer every few seconds. This isn't really an issue because it was made for 1964 and there are other alternatives for PJ64. Also does not seem to remember settings. I open it up, check "Synchronize speed to audio", hit Close, reopen its still unchecked. Last, the "About" page could use an update .

Now some emulator bugs.
    - UI seems a little off (I'm on Win7 64, dunno about other OS). The menu bar and shortcut bar overlap each other.
    - Every Jabo's Direct3D plugin fails to work (even the oldest ones). Error "InitiateGFX called without CloseDLL", followed by a crash. This does not happen in official builds of 1964.
    - Can no longer manually change the counter factor through "ROM Properties", now has to be done through ini. I don't see the need for this change, sometimes changing the CF on the fly can help find a better setting (unless there is something at work here that I don't understand).

Also found a strange reproducible error- Video settings fails to work after...
    1. Choose any graphics plugin.
    2. Load a game.
    3. Stop emulation.
    4. Change graphics plugin, hit OK.
    5. Try to enter video settings, nothing.

That's all I can remember for now, there may have been a few other things but these are what stuck out to me. Anyway, great work on this update so far. Overclocking makes some games like A Bug's Life and Duck Dodgers seem like a whole new experience. Especially Duck Dodgers, FPS was awful in everything until OCing!

Edit: Just remembered one more bug. In either version of the graphics plugin (requires DirectX Render Engine setting in DX9 version), if Full Screen Anti-Aliasing is set to anything higher than 1X, then the emulator crashes when trying to load a game. For some reason it does not happen in Project64, but it happens in every other emulator I tried. Three error messages pop up in a row.

Error message 1: Can not initialize DX8, check your Direct settings. (DX8?)
    Error message 2: Generic application error. Enable debug output for detailed information. This program will now exit.
    Error message 3: Failed to get render, g_pRender is NULL.
    Last edited by Bighead; February 21st, 2012 at 11:54. Reason: more bugs :(
    Bighead's Emuhelp - http://bhemuhelp.co.nf/
    Home for my N64 Configuration List and other emulation stuff.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Thanks for all the bug reports, I currently reccomend not to use the current 1964 Video (Rice Video) and 1964 itself. My changes have done more harm then help, I'm currrently slowly working on improved versions... but it might be awhile, I have a lack of enthusiasm at the moment, but I am hoping to get things done eventually.
    If you appreciate any of my work, please consider donating
    Donate via paypal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Take all your time, some devs need a break before to relaunch a project.
    www.emu-compatibility.com ==> compatibility list : Chankast, Satourne, Saturnin, Yabause, SSF.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I wouldn't go as far as not using it at all, there are some games that run very nice in the latest rev, and stable enough to play. From my testing, here is a small list of games (so far) that have a substantial frame rate boost or see improvements in 1964 v1.2 and still work great. I only use the DX9 version of the plugin for testing since it has the option of DX9 or OGL for rendering.

A Bug's Life
    Disney's Donald Duck - Goin Quackers / Donald Duck - Quack Attack
    Duck Dodgers Starring Daffy Duck / Looney Toons - Duck Dodgers
    Earthworm Jim 3D
    Extreme-G (no increase in FPS, but no drops either)
    Extreme-G XG2 (same story)
    F1 Racing Championship
    F-1 Pole Position 64
    Gex 3 - Deep Cover Gecko
    Goldeneye 007
    Jet Force Gemini
    Jeremy McGrath Supercross 2000 (great increase in FPS, unstable due to audio)
    Off Road Challenge
    Perfect Dark
    Quake II (no increase in FPS, but no drops during explosions)
    Rayman 2 - The Great Escape
    Super Robot Spirits (no overclocking needed for smooth FPS)
    Taz Express (one of the few emulators that play this game, although it does work in 1964 v1.1 its nice to have another option)
    Turok 2 - Seeds of Evil / Violence Killer - Turok New Generation (no FPS drops during explosions, better FPS overall)
    V-Rally Edition 99
    WCW vs. nWo - World Tour (graphics plugin currently more accurate than others with "TMEM Emulation" enabled)
    World Cup 98 (great FPS without overclocking)

Obviously this list is very incomplete, and I hope to have a complete list of games in time. I figured it would be nice to post it anyway so others can see which games benefit. There are also many games that see improvements with the 1964 Video plugin over the older versions of plugins based on the Rice source. I won't post a list because it would probably be huge, my N64 list shows which games I tested like the plugin over other plugins (or equal to ). And of course no rush in releases, as of right now its already awesome for at least this list of games, which shows great improvements or enhancements over other emulators.
    Last edited by Bighead; March 18th, 2012 at 07:20.
    Bighead's Emuhelp - http://bhemuhelp.co.nf/
    Home for my N64 Configuration List and other emulation stuff.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Ok, I'm making some small progress, I've reverted the codes back to their bases and done some fairly basic cleanups, going to try reimplementing some of the functions more better, like re-adding the speedup hack, but not removing the counter-factor in the progress.
    Also, just a thought, how many people actually use the toolbar in 1964??
    If you appreciate any of my work, please consider donating
    Donate via paypal

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast