What's new

LOZ Twilight Princess cry engine recreation

Datadayne

Been a while since I posted here,, hopefully some old faces are still around.

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but im trying to recreate Ordon Village from TP in cry engine.

The terrain needs a little more adjusting, but im pretty happy with it. I already started modelling some props. I also plan on changing some of the trees models but for now they are good placeholders.

34znjbl.jpg

sd3g2u.jpg

If anyone wants to help you can pm me and I will send you the level so far.

Cryengine3 is free btw,
http://www.crydev.net/

OP
D

Datadayne

Started modelling this big house leading to the ranch.

dg14ed.png

142am86.png

2jcip1l.png

eleddj.png

idty88.png

This is my first time working with a game engine and I dont know how low the poly's should be,,, I may increase it depending on how it looks in game.

OP
D

Datadayne

The radius of the roof looks too big,, gonna have to fix it.

Took some ingame screens to check the scale.
2hqdpva.png

zsrci9.png

ibj33m.png

I think the low poly model will look fine after I smooth the normals and and add some materials.

Im gonna leave out the texturing till I finish modelling all the assets. Im gonna upload some uv maps tomorrow if anyone wants to texture them.

OP
D

Datadayne

Hey Mollymutt,, glad to see youre still around. Im doing alright,, the past year or so Ive been busy with my studies and havent been doing any art related stuff at all, started again just a few months back. How about you, I remember a while back you were doing some 3d modelling,, are you working on any projects atm?

Mollymutt

No, I haven't done anything in a long time. I've been spending most of my free time actually playing games, instead of modding them. I doubt I'll go back to texturing, unless I get a team together. It's too much work for one person.

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
No, I haven't done anything in a long time. I've been spending most of my free time actually playing games, instead of modding them. I doubt I'll go back to texturing, unless I get a team together. It's too much work for one person.
That is certainly true!

OP
D

Datadayne

I know what you guys mean. Besides I think the retexturing scene (especially for the n64) is getting pointless considering the main games are being ported to current consoles.

I finished all the buildings, there is a treehouse I need to model but it will only have one face since it will come out of the terrain.
1z3w9bl.png

OP
D

Datadayne

I started texturing the roof and wooden frame,, pretty happy with how its looking considering how low the poly`s are.
2gwgfmr.png

The wall texture is temporary,, I dont like it.

OP
D

Datadayne

Did some more texturing and rendered in maya. Im not sure how the performance will be affected by the ivy,, I plan to add more on the body.

2luzzp2.png

OP
D

Datadayne

Some ingame shots:
renderxt.png

Gonna be busy with studies these next few weeks,, wont have much time to work on this.

klasa

@Datadyne, this is looking pretty amazing! (though I prefer the style of Wind Waker/Skyward Sword, so I kinda liked your textureless models better ;) )

Pretty cool to see al the old folks are still around here! As for me, I haven't been doing much retexturing either. I'd love to do some stuff again, but it's just so... complicated, compared to modern day apps. Also, emulation on OS X seems to be pretty non-existant, except for Dolphin.