What's new

Good-bye Glide :,(

Toasty

Sony battery
I was encouraged a bit by one thing he said:
All these ten years I worked on the project using the same PC, powered by Intel Celeron CPU and 3dfx Voodoo card. I used almost every ability of my hardware, and I can run almost all N64 games on it, with little-to-none glitches and at full speed. Glide64 is one of the most advanced Glide3x applications. However, everything comes to its end. I finally bought myself a new PC, so I has no reasons to use Glide3x anymore. My new N64 project, if I'll ever decide to start it, will be free of 3dfx legacy.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
an excellent project and a damn fine plugin. Thank you to all the dev team for this and wow it makes me feel old as i remember dave joining here and saying he wanted to start this project.

I am sure someone else will pick up the batten and continue the great work of this amazing project as that is the great thing of open source.

smcd

/me summons Gonetz from across the digital divide... thanks for all the fish!

PelPix

I registered after lurking for over 8 years specifically to see Glide off. I have a Radeon 6870 and it's STILL the best graphics plugin by a massive margin. It's the only one that runs Paper Mario end to end without glitching a single thing!

Flash

Technomage
Glide64 is still the best video plugin for N64 emulators. As for 3dfx part, last time i used my V56K actively was 2005 or so. I use Glide64 but it's the linux port with built-in wrapper.
And OpenGL 4.x went way beyond Glide capabilities so there's no reason to stick with Glide and 3Dfx compatibility. Anyway, Gonetz is busy with other stuff so now it will be a good point to thank him for what he did :)
I am sure someone else will pick up the batten and continue the great work of this amazing project as that is the great thing of open source.
Yeah, i hope so.
N64 emulation is still way too far from being perfect, but it's quite stagnant these times, no major breakthroughs.

gokuss4

Meh...
Wow, I remember doing some of the early beta-testing for this plugin when I had my old voodoo3 (what a picky beta-tester I was, too). It's amazing, I just tried this plugin a couple hours ago using the wrapper. It's definitely the best one out there overall, IMO. I'm really glad to see that Glide64 has gone so far and was worked on for so long even after Dave decided to leave the project. Cheers, guys.

play0r

Hopefully it's on the Nvidia driver side of things, but I get terrible Vsync stuttering using the final revision of Glide64.
I thought I had fixed it using Adaptive (half refresh rate), but that only worked for Super Mario 64. The rest of the games I have didn't have Vsync tears just audio stuttering, like 007 Goldeneye, using that setting. :luck: