What's new

Joystick control issues

theanimator

I recently bought the 3-in-1 Magic Joy Box adapter to use my GC controller with project 64. The buttons, including L and R, seem to work correctly, but the joystick is not working properly. I am playing Majora's Mask and he walks very slowly and doesn't really move at all when the joystick is pointed towards anything but perfectly in one direction (left, right, up, or down). Also when I try to use the "A" button while holding down the Z-target button, it defaults to forward instead of the direction I am pointing the control stick. I have included a screenshot of my current settings on the controller input configuration screen for reference.

e6nMc.png

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Does Windows detect your controller's buttons/axes/etc. properly?

Last edited:
OP
T

theanimator

All the buttons seem to be registering correctly, and the control stick movements are registered, albeit badly.

Agozer

You can always try another controller plugin. The N-Rage Input plugin v2 usually works better than Jabo's when it comes to obscure USB adapters and the like. Then again, the adapter itself can be faulty as well. IIRC, people who use Magic Joy Box have had their fair share of problems.
If Windows detects control stick movement badly, that in itself is already an issue. Can you calibrate the stick?

Personally, I've never had much faith in these third party USB adapters, especially ones that you can supposedly hook more than one controller of different kind to. Much easier to just buy a decent PC gamepad.

Last edited:

Agozer

Control Panel --> Devices and Printers (or whatever it's called) ---> Select your controller and go to its settings. There should be a tab some where in there to calibrate the controller.

Last edited: