What's new

Control with Phonejoy on Galaxy S2

msknight

Hi Folks,

I've sort of got myself in a knot. I'm relatively new to all this phone bluetooth controller stuff, with its extra key mapping.

So far, the Phonejoy is talking with the S2 and I can make movements on the pad be the same as key presses.

I can't get Mupen64 to respond to anything, be it the "mapped" controls on the touch screen, or the "key listener" to respond to any of the phonejoy inputs.

Anyone got any advice please?

paulscode

I assume this is for Mupen64Plus AE app, since the Galaxy S2 is typically running Android. I mentioned this in the app description, but so other people reading know that I've mentioned it already, although this project was ported from Mupen64Plus, it is not officially supported by the Mupen64Plus devs. If a moderator would like to merge this thread with my thread "Porting Mupen64Plus to Android" in the Mupen64Plus sub-board, that might make sense.

In response to your actual question, it sounds like the problem is not with the Phonejoy itself (are you using Bluez IME?), since the virtual gamepad isn't functioning either. Let me put together a verbose test for you to run to see if I can figure out what's going wrong.

paulscode

I solved this problem, it will be fixed in the upcoming update (I'll post it this evening). Thanks for pointing out the bug!

OP
M

msknight

Hi Paulscode,

Many thanks,

I'll keep checking for updates!

That's a cool Christmas present :-D

paulscode

Although the "key listener" should be working now, that won't fix the virtual gamepad problem. Could you check the Settings->Input menu and make sure the input plug-in is enabled? If the virtual buttons are still not doing anything, let me know and I'll post a test for you to run to see if I can track down the problem.

OP
M

msknight

I'm pleased to report that the whole thing is working! Even the virtual gamepad is running fine. The only thing I'm not sure how to do, is hide the virtual gamepad, but I'm just happy the system is working!

Many thanks for your efforts.

paulscode

The virtual gamepad can be disabled through the GUI/front-end by unchecking "Enabled" under Skins->Virtual Gamepad