What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Merry Xmas: OOT 2011 and MM 2001

FaiT

Masterquest already works, I don't know how or why, but just load the ROM and the textures will load (provided they load for Ocarina). @microdev the files djipi gave us are cache files, two .dat files. So we can't load additional textures or the new ones would overwrite the cache thus eliminating his pack. We would need the actual textures in order to add to them and make our own .dat's.

@Djipi I'm always grateful for your work, just a suggestion if you happen to release an update, The bomb texture (the one for when you actually place the bomb on the ground) has alot of white around it, like too much eraser. The Bomb icon is perfect, I don't want to complain but its really distracting everytime I use a bomb. Somebody also suggested this earlier but link's neutral expression is a smile which really kills the mood in alot of scenes, could he please have his neutral expression back?

Thanks so much for your beautiful art!

XianLen

Change type of file?

I'm still not able to play the game with the pack. Is there any way I can convert the .dat into the old format? you know the old hi res textures folder with lots of pictures. if there is please let me know.

possom2009

Does not work!!!!!!

The highres graphics dont work for me. the plugins works but it wont load the graphics. they are the normal n64 ones. How can I convert it to the old format? Better yet, why is it not in the old format?

Last edited:

volphor

hey dude there is a problem with the Majoras Mask pack, for some reason the lens of truths dont work, i got "frame buffer objects" activated and still dont work :( (the lens of truth it works with bluedarts pack, but not with this =( help?

Kupfel

I spent 2 hours yesterday, trying to get this to work on Windows7 64bit. Tried project64 1.6, 1.7 beta, Project 64k and 1964, 1964mod.

All project64 derivatives would crash right after loading the rom with a GlideHQ error. 1964 would load the roms just fine but wouldn't load the hires pack. Tried the Glide Final, the 269 beta etc etc.

Many posts stated that you had to run the emu's as admin but that didn't help either.

Then, when I was damn close to give up I tried to set compatibility mode to Windows Vista and BOOM it worked!

So for anyone that won't get this to run on Win7 (don't know if only x64 or also x86) run as admin and set Vista compatibility mode!

XianLen

lol

I spent 2 hours yesterday, trying to get this to work on Windows7 64bit. Tried project64 1.6, 1.7 beta, Project 64k and 1964, 1964mod.

All project64 derivatives would crash right after loading the rom with a GlideHQ error. 1964 would load the roms just fine but wouldn't load the hires pack. Tried the Glide Final, the 269 beta etc etc.

Many posts stated that you had to run the emu's as admin but that didn't help either.

Then, when I was damn close to give up I tried to set compatibility mode to Windows Vista and BOOM it worked!

So for anyone that won't get this to run on Win7 (don't know if only x64 or also x86) run as admin and set Vista compatibility mode!

thats funny because I have windows vista and i'm still unable to play these pack =O

volphor

hey dude there is a problem with the Majoras Mask pack, for some reason the lens of truths dont work, i got "frame buffer objects" activated and still dont work :( (the lens of truth it works with bluedarts pack, but not with this =( help?

Nobody else had this bug?... is just with the majoras mask djipi's cell shaded pack, curious thing cos the bluedarts works good, as well as the djipi's ocarina cell pack.

Damn it, ive got two great packs for majoras mask and the two had some serious issues

EmuFan

Emulation Fanatic
How come i have not commented until now?:huh:

Djipi, magnificent work!!:happy::bounce: I would have praised you a lot earlier, but i have been busy with life and such.. But really, coming from someone who has been with this project of yours since the beginning, i can say that you have outdone yourself.

It is almost a bit moving, when i think about how many years have passed, and how much has changed. To give an idea: Since this project started, and until this final release, i finished 3 years of high school, and i have moved to a different home 4 times! I got a wonderful girlfriend, that I'm sharing a home with. Some ups and downs, but a lot of changes. Kinda makes you think..

Anyway... Congratulations to Djipi on his success, and hopefully many others to come.:happy::bounce::bouncy::w00t:
And also, don't know if you notice, but my avatar, i believe, is the one you used when you joined! Kinda a salute to you, but also because i like its simplicity.

To those using PJ64 1.7: Put the cache folder in the plugin folder, NOT the gfx folder. I think the same applies to 1.6. Using Windows 7 x64, and it's working just fine!

rukariouzu

Glide64 isn't compatible with my integrated graphics card, so I was wondering if there's a way to decompress the .dat files back to the original HiRes files so I can load them using Rice's plugin?

I'm afraid this is the only way it will work for people who have integrated Intel cards. So, would anyone please let me know?

rukariouzu

1. Unchecked "Alternative CRC Checking"
  2. Checked "Use Alpha Channel Fully"
  3. Changed Hi-Resolution Textures Format droplist to Rice
  4. Picked a Smooth Filter under Texture Enhancement
  5. Set the Texture Cache to 128 MB

Doing this and using Glide64 Wonder Plus fixed my issues.

Sometimes the ROM wont' load, so just restart your emulator if that happens; or loads but only has a black screen w/ sound of the game.

Bricklion

With MegaUpload gone the download links don't work any more. Any chance of a mirror?

Also, from the screenshots this looks pretty awesome.

ScottRTL

Sorry if this has been asked before, I looked and didn't see anything:

Has anyone tried this in N64oid (Android Emulator)? the changelogs say 2.6 is capable for external texture packs...

Martin

Administrator
Sorry if this has been asked before, I looked and didn't see anything:

Has anyone tried this in N64oid (Android Emulator)? the changelogs say 2.6 is capable for external texture packs...

Hello and welcome. I deleted the double post, it happens sometimes. :)

I haven't tried N64oid but it sounds like it should work, give it a try and report back, would be interesting to know :)

ScottRTL

Hello and welcome. I deleted the double post, it happens sometimes. :)

I haven't tried N64oid but it sounds like it should work, give it a try and report back, would be interesting to know :)

I am looking into it, it looks like the files in their current configuration will not work... N64oid wants to find texture folders and subdirectories with .PNG files, but I am even having issues with that, I'll post if I figure it out.

I am guessing Project64 or whatever other applications are suggested for this support .dat and N64oid doesn't.

Starzaka

I wanted to say thanks so much for this retexture project it's amazing and makes me want to play through this game all over again!
I have a quick question tho are all of the static areas supposed to be replaced in this style? When I started the game all the kokari houses inside used the old static backgrounds from the n64.