What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Merry Xmas: OOT 2011 and MM 2001

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
il will make some test for the lens of truth :) i will see what can i do for this problem :)

motel6man

Hi everybody :)

If you really want the HTC pack MM2011 or OOT2011, if you really want it , maybe i will do this for you soon ;)

im sure you get tired of requests for this but man would i love to use this pack again with the new plugin. your other pack is great but for me personally this ones style was better. cant wait for the day you make an official release.

Molhel

Hello,

I am trying to get OoT and MM textures to load via Mupen64Plus on Linux (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS) however, .dat files are not being read. Luckily I remembered I had a backup of the OoT textures that weren't .dat, but actual images. The file was called "DjipiFinal2009" and has folders within for each specific location in the game or for a specific thing. When I place that folder "THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" in this directory:

/home/molhel/.local/share/mupen64plus/hires_texture
(if the files aren't there, the terminal outputs a complaint of the missing folder)

and launch OoT through the terminal, it loads up the textures just fine. I would be fine with this, however I do not think that the textures are the latest or the final version and if they were, I do not have similar for Majora's Mask, which I would like to possess. Extracting the .dats do not help either, because it doesn't give me folder structures only the pngs.

So my question is: where can we download the textures, both Cel shaded and the 3DS textures (for OoT and MM), so that they work in Mupen64Plus for Linux (Rice video)? I have been googling this for days and haven't found a solution yet. This has become a must-have for me when I play these games so without it, I'm driven crazy. lol

Thanks!

Last edited:

Molhel

These texture will never be supported on Rice Video.

What you seek is textures for the brand new Plugin GlideN64. You may find these files and instructions HERE
Each link leads to a separate pack chose wisely.

Dang, I was afraid of that. Are there instructions available someplace on getting it to work on Mupen64Plus for Linux? There are only two given video plugins available from the source or from a release, which is rice and glide64mk2, and it absolutely refuses to work if glide64mk2 is selected. :(

Molhel

GlideN64 may be built for linux LINK And source

Thank you for the links!

EDIT

I did it like this to install everything:

Spoiler:

1. git clone https://github.com/gonetz/GLideN64 OR download it manually & extract to home
  2. cd /home/USER/GLideN64/src/
  3. chmod +x getRevision.sh & ./getRevision.sh (if you have Revision.h with #define PLUGIN_REVISION "1"" in it, skip this step! If you do not, try the above steps. If that doesn't work, create the .h file yourself with #define PLUGIN_REVISION "1"" in it. Save and skip to the mkdir steps.)
  4. mkdir build
  5. cd build
  6. cmake -DMUPENPLUSAPI=On ..
  7. make

And then I moved it to my Mupen64Plus location with:

1. cd plugin/release
  2. cp mupen64plus-video-GLideN64.so /usr/local/lib/mupen64plus

To get M64Py installed on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, I did this:

1. Download: https://github.com/mupen64plus/mupen64plus-ui-python/releases
  2. Extract to Home directory
  3. Download & Install Dependencies:
    PyQt5 (QtCore, QtGui, QtWidgets, QtOpenGL)
    PySDL2

I installed the dependencies like so, because otherwise it did not work:

1. sudo apt-get install python3-pyqt5
  2. OR (if you get errors etc): sudo apt-get install python-pyqt5 pyqt5-dev-tools python-pyqt5.qtopengl libsdl2-dev libsdl2-dbg libsdl2-2.0-0

Next I needed PySDL2 (M65Py will not launch otherwise), so I downloaded it from above (I had 0.9.5) and extracted it to the home directory. Once done I did this:

1. cd /home/USER/PySDL2-0.9.5
  2. sudo python setup.py install

And then I cd back to the m64py directory at home:

1. cd /home/USER/m64py-0.2.4
  2. python setup.py install
  3. python setup.py build_qt
  4. ./m64py

And then I was able to launch the gui and change plugins. However, if you are like me on 16.04 with a driver AMD does not support on Linux yet and you are on padoka drivers, you will need to run this command:

export MESA_GL_VERSION_OVERRIDE=3.3COMPAT

before launching the emulator. Otherwise the plugin will give you a black screen with audio.

However, I still can't get the plugin to load custom textures .htc or .dat so I'm back at the original problem. The game just boots with the normal textures. I placed the .htc files I downloaded from your links here like the .cfg states to:

/home/USER/.local/share/mupen64plus/hires_texture

and I even made a cache folder and placed the files within there, but nothing works.

:crazy:

Last edited:

Molhel

How do you use this new texture pack on Linux via Mupen64Plus? Following the instructions within the .cfg for GlideN64.so, it states that hires textures must be placed here:

/home/USER/.local/share/mupen64plus/hires_texture

However, placing the .htc files within this directory does not work. Neither does placing those files with a folder called "The Legend of Zelda" or trying the older .dat files.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? :unsure:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Htc is placed at ///Mupen64plus/cache

DAT will not work with GlideN64.
Do you have the texture options on within the plugin?

Last edited:

Molhel

Htc is placed at ///Mupen64plus/cache

DAT will not work with GlideN64.
Do you have the texture options on within the plugin?

Oh, well that explains that. Mupen64Plus does not seem to have a x/mupen64plus/cache made on its own. I'll dig around and see if it was stored someplace else

Yes, I enabled the tx option for hires textures and copied the path it specifies next to it to place the files.

EDIT [SOLUTION for 16.04 LTS]

Okay, so the location IS here for Linux:

/home/USER/.cache/mupen64plus/cache

Once you place the .htc file within that second cache folder, open the emulator and go to plugins to change the options for GLideN64. Make sure these two are ticked on:

*txHiresEnable
*txHiresFullAlphaChannel

And these two are ticked off:

*txForce16bpp
*txHiresAltCRC

And if you are like me and AMD doesn't support your card (yet?) on their new drivers and you got a R9 old series like the 270 or 280, you might be using padoka's ppa drivers and not get an image on the emulator launch. The work around is to run this command before you run the emulator:

That could get annoying, so just make a bash script on your desktop with this in it:

#!/bin/bash
m64py (OR use the mupen64plus commands. I just prefer m64py)

make it executable and then you can double click it to run the file whenever you want to launch the emulator. And then it'll load! YAY! :D

Last edited:

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Thanks, captain obvious :getlost: I mean is it a bug, are there missing textures... or something like that.

LoT texture must not be "nice". Texels inside the circle must be fully transparent. Otherwise it will not work.

Molhel

Hey,

Anyone else have an issue with this pack [when using Project64] where you can't go fullscreen or stream with any software? The graphics will turn upside down and start to glitch out heavily, and only when its fullscreen / when streamed. It seems really strange, but I've tested it and it happens every time its switched to fullscreen or streamed to people.

Is this an issue with the pack, or the emulator itself?

EDIT

Here is an example:

1. when it is working, without fullscreen and streaming: https://ibb.co/pnF3NNd

2. when it isn't working, when it is fullscreen/or not and is streaming: https://ibb.co/tDjd06Y

Last edited: