What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Merry Xmas: OOT 2011 and MM 2001

Moshroum

I believe the thread I have just posted may help:
Forum > Community Projects > High Resolution Textures > N64 Textures > Tutorials, Questions and General Talk > [GUIDE] Extract .dat Glide64 Texture Packs

I think your tutorial was deleted. Even when it didn't contain anything problematic. Knowledge seems to be unwanted in this forum.

EDIT: And may I remind everyone that a mod (NES_player4LIFE) even asked for this tutorial.

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

It'd guess NES_player4LIFE (or Dijipi) is the one who deleted it, and death--droid later restored it. It now has a prominent copyright disclaimer (could we put it in red text while we're at it?), I'm not sure who inserted it since the post was later edited by LANdroid.

Also, Dijipi's specific restriction was that the pack may not be used with Rice Video. Exact quote:
Death--droid , i really don't want to distribute my pack for rice because rice has too many bugs. And i really don't approve the fact that my work uncompress is distribute.

LANdroid

It'd guess NES_player4LIFE (or Dijipi) is the one who deleted it, and death--droid later restored it. It now has a prominent copyright disclaimer (could we put it in red text while we're at it?), I'm not sure who inserted it since the post was later edited by LANdroid.

Also, Dijipi's specific restriction was that the pack may not be used with Rice Video. Exact quote:
Death--droid , i really don't want to distribute my pack for rice because rice has too many bugs. And i really don't approve the fact that my work uncompress is distribute.

Fanatic 64, in relation to your comments:

death--droid inserted the disclaimer.
and in relation to

"i really don't want to distribute my pack for rice"
- He has not and will not distribute his pack for rice.
- I am not distributing any files or encouraging anyone to distribute any files.

"i really don't approve the fact that my work uncompress is distribute"
I am not distributing any files or encouraging anyone to distribute any files.

Further to this I have not distributed anything, no uncompressed work, no files - merely information.
I am not encouraging anyone to distribute any files.

The guide I wrote made no mention of Djipi's work.

Obviously the mistake I made was posting in this thread.

F

Fanatic 64

Well, there's also the fact that Dijipi's pack is the only one distributed exclusively as Glide64 DATs. But yeah. I could see the procedure having other uses.

I also wonder, does that quote mean Rice Video is legally/morally barred from ever supporting the Glide64 cache format?

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
I really hope for you that your system will not permitted to uncompress my pack.

My wish was to not touch my work or use the texture. I think that if this appear with your work , i will stop to work on other texture pack . I have deleted the thread because i think that if Glide64 producer made a .dat for texture pack it's to protect the work , and if you use a way to uncompress that , you will brake the wish of Gonetz to not touch the work , and you brake my wish that i don't want someone to touch my pack.

ababab777

Djipi! Please respond to my message or just respond here. Do you intend on fixing the lens of truth for Majora's Mask? Are the gray textures on items in chests and items sold in stores intentional or do you intend to fix them?

F

Fanatic 64

i think that if Glide64 producer made a .dat for texture pack it's to protect the work , and if you use a way to uncompress that , you will brake the wish of Gonetz to not touch the work
AFAIK, the purpose of the Glide64 cache was never as a means of DRM, but simply to improve texture loading times. You may contact Gonetz (who is currently making a new video plugin) for clarification on this matter.

I'll leave the mods to sort out the rest.

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
sorry ababab777 , i think i do not fixe the problem .

Fanatic 64, ok i thinks that .dat was the secure to not use the texture done by fan. Sorry.

But i think it's important to respect the author.... apparently no....

I know the use of this tuto but i really don't want to see my work , without demand to use, in other project . But if this will be the case , i can do nothing....

mendus

Djipi! Please respond to my message or just respond here. Do you intend on fixing the lens of truth for Majora's Mask? Are the gray textures on items in chests and items sold in stores intentional or do you intend to fix them?

The gray colors issue is not a problem with Djipi's high res textures, but a glide64final one. Some of the previous work in progresses (Glide64Napalm) load them correctly.

F

Fanatic 64

sorry ababab777 , i think i do not fixe the problem .

Fanatic 64, ok i thinks that .dat was the secure to not use the texture done by fan. Sorry.

I know the use of this tuto but i really don't want to see my work , without demand to use, in other project . But if this will be the case , i can do nothing....
Nobody has mentioned the intention, or attempted to, use your textures in other packs. That is generally agreed to not be allowed.

The most anyone has tried to do is to rename some textures to work on the NTSC (U) ROM.

LANdroid

I really hope for you that your system will not permitted to uncompress my pack.

My wish was to not touch my work or use the texture. I think that if this appear with your work , i will stop to work on other texture pack . I have deleted the thread because i think that if Glide64 producer made a .dat for texture pack it's to protect the work , and if you use a way to uncompress that , you will brake the wish of Gonetz to not touch the work , and you brake my wish that i don't want someone to touch my pack.

This is not my system just information on glide64-cache-extract.

I respect your wishes as an author.

I am not distributing your work. I am not a texture artist/author, I am not using your work or designing any packs. Nor am I encouraging anyone to do this.

The texture(s) causing the lens of truth not to work are:
ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK#0E654C89#4#0_all.png
OR
ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK#0E654C89#4#0_rgb.png

I have dumped these from the original ROM and believe that it is probably the first one.

I believe I know how to fix this but I was hoping Djipi might update his pack with a fix by removing that texture.

For your information if this is fixed you still need to enable the following setting in Project64:
Options > Configure Graphics Plugin > Glide64 Settings - Basic Settings > Frame buffer emulation - [x] Use frame buffer objects

sorry ababab777 , i think i do not fixe the problem.

Regarding the lens of truth problem please see the comments above.

Again, I do respect your work.

I suggest you speak with NES_player4LIFE and death--droid and a decision can be made if the tutorial can remain here or not.

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
AFAIK, the purpose of the Glide64 cache was never as a means of DRM, but simply to improve texture loading times.
It is true, the cache is just an optimization of textures loading. I surprised to hear that it is used as DRM. GlideHQ has various options, which changes textures in the cache. Thus the cache is individual and depends on user's preferences.

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
LANDroid , i will wait for the new GlideHQ to solved the problem. Because maybe it's a problem of the glideHQ plugin. I will wait and see.

Gonetz , ok i don't know theat .dat was only an optimization.

Moshroum

LANDroid , i will wait for the new GlideHQ to solved the problem. Because maybe it's a problem of the glideHQ plugin. I will wait and see.

See https://code.google.com/p/glidehqplusglitch64/issues/detail?id=315. Your texture seems to have the wrong alpha value.

Your alpha value is 238, 222, 199, 151, 99 (and many more in the dithering part). But it has to be 255. Changing this value for the pixels in the middle fixes the problem for me. But of course, I will not share this texture because otherwise I might get banned by you.

Gonetz

Plugin Developer (GlideN64)
Yes, LoT will not work with Djipi's hires texture. All texels inside the circle must have zero alpha. When you make 'nice' pattern inside the circle the lens becomes non-transparent for hidden objects. The magic!

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
here's a new texture for LoT , can you tell me if it work? because i have an error message when i try to load my pack.

2mredsi.png

EDIT : i have test but the problem is already here. Plugin problem i think because i have the right alpha value

Moshroum if you texture load correctly you can post your texture here^^

Last edited:

Moshroum

EDIT : i have test but the problem is already here. Plugin problem i think because i have the right alpha value

Moshroum if you texture load correctly you can post your texture here^^

Do you promise that you will not sue me this time?

And your texture cannot work. It is an JPEG and thus doesn't have any alpha channel. And I don't remember any JPEG loading code in GlideHQ...

Here is a patch like the one at the end of my tutorial "Remove broken Texture from Glide 64 .dat Texture Caches". But this time it adds my version of the texture.

https://mega.co.nz/#!xVdmDZyD!2awuTj9fg3OfHiNqUOlYW2OR_yjUmRE4Y3mtb3B0OF4

To apply it:

• Unpack my patch including all other files in this zip file
  • Unpack the dat files from the Djipi's MM texture pack into the same folder
  • Run the .bat file
  • Copy the patched dat files to the usual place

It is not really necessary to use the bat script. It is also possible to run xdelta(2) manually as explained in my other tutorial

Don't forget to change the preferences as LANdroid told us.

Here is an demonstation image. Ive added some rings in the middle to demonstrate the non-255 alpha pixel affect. You have the thin ring with a very small alpha value and on its edges you can see the not perfect 255 alpha values. And there on the edges you cannot see the Goron. This is the problem with your texture in the texture pack.

2ir6rrd.jpg

*Don't distribute the resulting dat files because Djipi doesn't want that*

ababab777

Wow, so a solution exists now! Hopefully Djipi will simply fix his .dat files and rerelease them (I will avoid using these guides unless it becomes totally clear that Djipi will not fix the .dat files himself). The only other error I've seen in Majora's Mask (and this one applies to OoT as well) is the grey textures for store/chest items. If I switch to Glide64Napalm as mendus suggests will that potentially mess something else up? If not, then I believe a fix has been found for every issue in these texture packs :happy: I need MM to be fully functional because I plan to do the 3 day challenge with the texture packs in use.

Edit: it would be nice if we could somehow make the LoT interface look correct (just have the circle in the middle and no semicircles on the outside). What's causing this issue?

Last edited: