What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Merry Xmas: OOT 2011 and MM 2001

mdtauk

Zelda Hi-Res Texturer
Thanks for posting that video, I am really happy how it turned out. I did the work on the skies, the Triforce and worked on the Goddess textures for Djipi

RomanFlare

Okay, I'm still having problems.

1) I installed the latest Glide64 plugin (Dec 2 WIP).
2) I created a Cache Folder in my P64 Plugin folder and placed the Majora's Mask DAT files into that.
3) I renamed Majora's Mask to match the DAT files (I thought that might be the problem)
4) Alpha Channel, Save to Hard Drive, Compress Texture Cache all clicked, no CRC (format Rice)

The ROM loads but the program freezes before even the N64 Logo appears. I'm not sure where I went wrong.

The ROM is European N64 and I'm using Project N64 1.6. Here's a collage of all the folders and settings I thought would help someone help me.

Last edited:

volphor

the only thing i must say, is that this textures look incredible, you create a new style of cellshading that maintain the esence of the original ocarina! congrats! the previous version where good, but this,, this is outstanding. thank you very much Djipi

dark_hollow

Inside of the mind
Okay, I'm still having problems.

1) I installed the latest Glide64 plugin (Dec 2 WIP).
2) I created a Cache Folder in my P64 Plugin folder and placed the Majora's Mask DAT files into that.
3) I renamed Majora's Mask to match the DAT files (I thought that might be the problem)
4) Alpha Channel, Save to Hard Drive, Compress Texture Cache all clicked, no CRC (format Rice)

The ROM loads but the program freezes before even the N64 Logo appears. I'm not sure where I went wrong.

The ROM is European N64 and I'm using Project N64 1.6. Here's a collage of all the folders and settings I thought would help someone help me.

I think that you doesn't put a value in texture cache option, set 300 and I think that's the problem. (Glide64 settings - texture enhancement)

RomanFlare

I think that you doesn't put a value in texture cache option, set 300 and I think that's the problem. (Glide64 settings - texture enhancement)

Tried, no cigar. I tried messing with smooth lighting too, but nothing helped. It won't run any ROM, but the standard plugins run fine.

ex_p4t

Tried, no cigar. I tried messing with smooth lighting too, but nothing helped. It won't run any ROM, but the standard plugins run fine.
I had this problem too. Apparently the newest GlideHQ.dll-file (which, as far as I know, takes care of handling the hi-res textures) from the Glide64 package seems to be faulty for some people. Try replacing the GlideHQ.dll-file in your plugin folder with the older one, dated at 27.8.2009, from the Glide64 "Napalm WX" Release 1 package, found at the old Glide64 homepage http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/downloads.php

Interestingly, as you said, the problem seems to persist in every game even without any files in the hires_texture-folder, making me think the problem has something to do with specific hardware and/or the combination of OS and drivers. Maybe someone familiar with Glide64 can share some insight on the situation?

RomanFlare

I had this problem too. Apparently the newest GlideHQ.dll-file (which, as far as I know, takes care of handling the hi-res textures) from the Glide64 package seems to be faulty for some people. Try replacing the GlideHQ.dll-file in your plugin folder with the older one, dated at 27.8.2009, from the Glide64 "Napalm WX" Release 1 package, found at the old Glide64 homepage http://glide64.emuxhaven.net/downloads.php

Interestingly, as you said, the problem seems to persist in every game even without any files in the hires_texture-folder, making me think the problem has something to do with specific hardware and/or the combination of OS and drivers. Maybe someone familiar with Glide64 can share some insight on the situation?

I tried but, unfortunately, it didn't help. My graphics card is an Intel, so I might be S.O.L. here @.@

chiefsparten

So whenever I try to load either game with the cell pack I get this error. I'm using 1.7 with all the settings listed in this thread.

CN64SYSTEM::LOADFILEIMAGE - Exception caught
File: D\My Programs\Emulation\Project64\Source\Project64\N64 System\N64
Class.cpp
Line372

I dont understand this error message. This computer has only one hard drive listed as C. I have no D drive nor any external storage devices that could be D drive. Whats up with this?

Öhr

Thanks a lot for this superb texture mod. I took the time to record and upload a 2048x1152 (16:9) video of your work.
Here it is on youtube (1920x1080 obviously):
You can also grab the full 2048x1152 recording off my server:
http://storage.superconnected.org/random/mmcel.mkv

This video is NOT stretched unlike rexeo's videos and has merely the black bars cutoff which are being used in cutscenes.

Last edited:

chiefsparten

That's pj64 1.7's fault it's really weird and annoying.

Is there a way to fix that error.

Also I tried it on 1.6 but when I go to switch the plugin to Glide a warning pops saying glide3x.dll is not installed on this computer. But its there in the plugin folder with the rest of them. Any reason this is happening.

Edit: Fixed it. Ran 1.7 under compatibility mode for Vista. Works fine now. no more error.

Last edited:

rexoe

This video is NOT stretched unlike rexeo's videos and has merely the black bars cutoff which are being used in cutscenes.
mines doesnt have black bars only on cut scenes and on z targeting
also mines look streched due im playing at 1920x1080 not 2k resolution :)

Last edited:

foo

Is there a way to fix that error.

Also I tried it on 1.6 but when I go to switch the plugin to Glide a warning pops saying glide3x.dll is not installed on this computer. But its there in the plugin folder with the rest of them. Any reason this is happening.

Edit: Fixed it. Ran 1.7 under compatibility mode for Vista. Works fine now. no more error.

Great! Just FYI, glide3x.dll doesn't go in the plugin folder, it goes in the Project64 folder! :)

juilan

emulators on mac

Hello, I am wondering which emulator you'd use on mac to run this? Off hand I haven't found any emulators with a plugin folder. I have been using mupen64plus to play n64 games without an issue... Could someone point me in the right direction? I am not looking for "use windows"

Öhr

mines doesnt have black bars only on cut scenes and on z targeting
also mines look streched due im playing at 1920x1080 not 2k resolution :)
you should really keep the aspect ratio... otherwise you only get fat people xD

I'm playing at 1920x1200 mostly (just did high resolution 2k to get 1920x1080 after cutting away those black bars) with the game in 4:3 (resulting in black bars to the left and right). In cutscenes, i get two more above and below obviously :)

Last edited: