What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Merry Xmas: OOT 2011 and MM 2001

Grease

Sup guys!

I having some minor problems, dont know how to call this...some parts are just grey like the floor and the bombs and the bomb bag.When I hold a new item(picking from a chest) the texture in-game is grey too.Lens of Truth even with FBO, don't work.

Windows 7 Home Premium x64
Project 64 1.6.1
Glide 64 Final(May 8 2011)
Radeon HD4650 512mb
Intel Pentium Dual Core.

Am I missing something?

Attachments

• Glide64_ZELDA_MAJORA'S_MASK_01.jpg
    Glide64_ZELDA_MAJORA'S_MASK_01.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 178
  • parte1.png
    parte1.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 123
  • parte2.png
    parte2.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 121
  • parte3.png
    parte3.png
    30.7 KB · Views: 119
  • parte4.png
    parte4.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 117

Moshroum

Just a quick question - regardless of what options are checked, the Lens of Truth doesn't work. As far as I know there's no way to fix this, because it's a problem with the texture itself and not any of the emulator options. Normally I'd just delete the texture from the pack, but... obviously that isn't possible.

I'm assuming I'm not the only one with this problem - would it be possible to get a .dat without the new Lens of Truth texture?

Why don't you just extract it? I've extracted with https://bitbucket.org/ecsv/glide64_cache_extract to use it with Rice on mupen64plus.

F

Fanatic 64

A tool for extracting Glide64 .dat? I'm gonna do a NTSC port of this pack right now!!!

EDIT: Seems like this crap can only be compiled and used on Linux... Time to mess with a Ubuntu live USB...

Last edited:

death--droid

@Moshroum, thanks for bringing that to our attention, im currently in the process of downloading them to extract the textures and will provide RiceVideo compatible versions

death--droid

@Fanatic64 if you dont get yours working I will be providing uploads of it tonight
EDIT:
You will have to wait another night actually, got to port over ecsv's changes to Rice Video so it will load the textures in fine.

Last edited:

Surkow

I'd like to remind you guys that you cannot distribute the extracted data. Djipi has not given permission to repackage it and redistribute it.

The cache extraction tool is part of the work from ecsv to port Glide Napalm to the new API from Mupen64Plus. This also includes work from balrog and wahrhaft.

Last edited:

death--droid

@Surkow, if I really wanted to be fussy about Djipi's pack then there's nothing that actually states that in Djipi's original two posts, or even within the original zip files that states that the texture pack is not for redistribution. I know its Djipi wish for the pack not to be repackaged or redistrubted but for the sake of RiceVideo users I think thats plain wrong. If hese afraid of people stealing his work, its just as easily possible without the cache extraction tool, you just pretty much make Glide64 dump the enhanced textures XD

Moshroum

@Surkow, if I really wanted to be fussy about Djipi's pack then there's nothing that actually states that in Djipi's original two posts, or even within the original zip files that states that the texture pack is not for redistribution. I know its Djipi wish for the pack not to be repackaged or redistrubted but for the sake of RiceVideo users I think thats plain wrong. If hese afraid of people stealing his work, its just as easily possible without the cache extraction tool, you just pretty much make Glide64 dump the enhanced textures XD

You are full of it. Rights on virtual goods in our society are not given by default. So nobody has to say "you are not allowed" but instead he/she has to say "you are allowed". And this is extreme important when you are doing redistribution. Software licenses like BSD and Co. exist to give you the rights to use the stuff. Source files without a license and any information are not public domain.. they are unusable for anyone following the law. The same problem exists for these texture packs. So, republishing his work will violate his rights and propably makes him angry. So why would you want to make him angry? Just to be an even bigger peace of it?

Last edited by a moderator:

Surkow

I'd like to suggest an alternative method. Simply give users the tools to extract the files themselves and release patches for the extracted files. That way you don't need permission from Djipi.

death--droid

I
You are full of shit. Rights on virtual goods in our society are not given by default. So nobody has to say "you are not allowed" but instead he/she has to say "you are allowed". And this is extreme important when you are doing redistribution. Software licenses like BSD and Co. exist to give you the rights to use the stuff. Source files without a license and any information are not public domain.. they are unusable for anyone following the law. The same problem exists for these texture packs. So, republishing his work will violate his rights and propably makes him angry. So why would you want to make him angry? Just to be an even bigger peace of shit?

You seem to be under the mistaken thought that I'm still providing the extracted pack to the community. You also seem to assume that everything is that clear cut, there are many countries that don't even have copyright laws, or their laws allow redistributing of others work. Those protections you speak of arent as clear as you make them out to be. But that's besides the point, my point which I failed to convey properly is that it would be better for Djipi to of actually stated it in his post and/or in the pack itself to make sure people don't get the wrong idea.
Its what I did for the OOT community project. Never assume something is automatically protected.
Though that has not and will not protect it from people re-distributing textures as their own.
Never assume something is automatically protected by law, it can be a damaging assumption.(eg. Megaupload and its assumption that the DMCA would protect them)

Contact me via pm if you want to continue this conversation, do NOT continue it here.

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

I'd like to suggest an alternative method. Simply give users the tools to extract the files themselves and release patches for the extracted files. That way you don't need permission from Djipi.
If they could make a compiled Windows version...

I mean, the reason why Linux users always prefer to do everything the most difficult/archaic/inconvenient way will probably always be beyond me.

Moshroum

Last edited:
OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Death--droid , i really don't want to distribute my pack for rice because rice has too many bugs. And i really don't approve the fact that my work uncompress is distribute.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fanatic 64

I don't understand you (who is "they"?). I've just compiled it as usual https://mega.co.nz/#!0x8kzCQK!bM6qTXFY0fWgRcKK_sxPcAaoDshZgIUi1CGfV415kOo
Not everybody knows how to port Linux code to Windows. And the link you provided is broken.

Death--droid , i really don't want to distribute my pack for rice because rice has too many bugs. And i really don't approuve the fact that my work uncompress is distribute.
Well, if you had made a version that works with the NTSC ROM none of this would have happened :saint: And the Glide64 authors nowhere present a warranty/restriction that the .dat cannot be extracted, modified, or recreated. The use of the .dat format for restrictive purposes is at complete discretion of whoever uses it for such purposes.

(LOL I felt like a lawyer writing all that)

Surkow

Death--droid , i really don't want to distribute my pack for rice because rice has too many bugs. And i really don't approve the fact that my work uncompress is distribute.

Rice (at least the Mupen64Plus version) has greatly been improved by Richard64 - give it a try. It's also not about support for Rice, per se. It's more about users adding their own patches for different locales and such.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
This pack is not to be distributed uncompressed.
Any attempts to distribute previously compressed .dat files as texture packs without the authors consent will be deleted and the user will be warned.

I see no issue with using this code for private use but the extracted textures should not be made public.

I myself would like to thank the creators of this software for all the hard work that they have put in this code however it will be used with respect to honor the texture pack authors wishes.

Surkow

@NES_player4LIFE, I think this was already properly conveyed in previous postings. The .dat file is just the texture cache format Glide Napalm uses internally (not really intended for distribution). Djipi should have properly licensed his work (don't invent a new license, use an existing one). Eventually the file hosts will die and someone will reupload it. And a whole new discussion will start about the legality of redistributing the work. I'd recommend using a creative commons license. It can, for example, allow people to distribute only unmodified files. It does not restrict anything users personally do with the files.

Last edited: