What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Merry Xmas: OOT 2011 and MM 2001

G-Kom

Just a quick question - regardless of what options are checked, the Lens of Truth doesn't work. As far as I know there's no way to fix this, because it's a problem with the texture itself and not any of the emulator options. Normally I'd just delete the texture from the pack, but... obviously that isn't possible.

I'm assuming I'm not the only one with this problem - would it be possible to get a .dat without the new Lens of Truth texture?

ex_p4t

I can absolutely understand Djipi that he doesn't want to see his textures within other packs without his permission. But wouldn't everyone recognize them instantly? He could watermark major textures or release a folder version for donators.
Maybe I'm a little bit green but I think the N64-emulator-highres-texture-scene is very very specific and familiar so that he mustn't fear his textures to be stolen.

So.. If you read this, Djipi, I love your textures. I would instantly donate for a folder version ;D
I agree with you. Almost a year ago I asked if Djipi was working on any kind of fix for the NTSC version, but I didn't get any response. While I honestly appreciate all the work Djipi and others have done for this pack, I feel sad when one of the greatest and highest quality texture packs is only usable on the worst version of the game, in terms of performance. I'd gladly do anything to help, but as NES_player4LIFE has stated, it doesn't seem we can decode cached .DAT-files into usable images right now, and without the original image files, I'm afraid there's not much we can do.

Most of us know who has done the work, and if someone would try to steal his work and claim it to be his/her, I'm sure the community would notice this immediately and take appropriate action. Please Djipi, if you are reading this, give some insight about if you are ever going to release the textures in png-format and/or if you are going to fix the textures for NTSC MM.

Last edited:

MaGicBush

Hey all, I got the textures and the game loads fine but I have a few questions. I am currently using the NTSC 1.2 of OoT, and it still seems to use the cell pack textures, but I see a lot of people suggesting to use the Pal version of the game(maybe that's just for MM?). Will I be missing out on some textures or something later in the game? I was originally going to play with the community HD pack, but noticed a lot of textures are not done so decided to play with this pack.

Is it possible to use the Master Quest version with this texture pack without issues(or minor and not game breaking)?

Also I was going to play MM after beating OoT, and was wondering if MM will be in English with the Pal version of the game?

Thanks for any help!

Last edited:
F

Fanatic 64

He means that if you use the PAL version of the game the framerate will be horrible (16.7 PAL vs 20 NTSC).

And if you use the NTSC version of the game, some textures will be missing.

This applies to both Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Master Quest will have some textures missing regardless of which version you use (trough with the NTSC version even more textures will be missing, and the PAL version of MQ runs at NTSC framerate anyway).

MaGicBush

Thanks for the info, and that's to bad. So far I have not noticed anything missing except the static backgrounds(but I saw earlier in the thread those were not changed anyways) but I only beat the first Decku tree quest so far. I will probably just keep using it. Maybe we will get another Christmas update this year and get an NTSC version(lol).

Madlisboa

Happy christmans to all,i solved my problem with latest glide plugin just unchecking SAVE CACHE TEXTURE TO DISK,playing for sec,and checked again lolol.

Wackachotin

SORRY IF THIS DOUBLE POSTS.

hi people i just signed up because i have a problem with cel shaded OoT, when ever i enable anti aliasing on my Catalyst Control Center thing,the game crashes when i press start and a bubble pops up on the bottom saying amd video card driver crashed and restarted.The game was working with anti aliasing yesterday but its giving me problems now. also when i did play with anti aliasing when i pressed start a bunch of lines would appear like they were the map's layout lines or something.please help :(

Nimmy

Hey! I got the texture pack to work on both OoT and MM, but I was wondering, is there any way to get it to work on Master Quest? Is it working and playable etc, and what region should the rom be from. Thanks in advance.

MaGicBush

SORRY IF THIS DOUBLE POSTS.

hi people i just signed up because i have a problem with cel shaded OoT, when ever i enable anti aliasing on my Catalyst Control Center thing,the game crashes when i press start and a bubble pops up on the bottom saying amd video card driver crashed and restarted.The game was working with anti aliasing yesterday but its giving me problems now. also when i did play with anti aliasing when i pressed start a bunch of lines would appear like they were the map's layout lines or something.please help :(

That sounds like a driver problem if it's crashing like that. I would try reinstalling your video cards driver/updating it. It could also be the card failing since it's crashing and your getting lines like that(hopefully not).

Hey! I got the texture pack to work on both OoT and MM, but I was wondering, is there any way to get it to work on Master Quest? Is it working and playable etc, and what region should the rom be from. Thanks in advance.

It works with MQ but you will be missing textures, and you want to use the PAL version or with the NA one you will be missing even more(also note I asked the exact same thing read a few posts above :p).

volphor

Just a quick question - regardless of what options are checked, the Lens of Truth doesn't work. As far as I know there's no way to fix this, because it's a problem with the texture itself and not any of the emulator options. Normally I'd just delete the texture from the pack, but... obviously that isn't possible.

I'm assuming I'm not the only one with this problem - would it be possible to get a .dat without the new Lens of Truth texture?

This.

Someone listen to this man!

DmxDex

Hello people i noticed some textures look default like the house textures in the kokiri village. Is this normal? If so is it possible to get another texture pack for these? Also is it possible to stretch the screen with the glide64 mod?

Just like to say thank you to the man who made this mod, i will be reliving my childhood.

Last edited:

rizz768

Although I can reproduce this problem, it is not a problem with the texture pack itself, it is in fact an issue with the Glide plugin, I get the same results with the texture pack loaded, or without it, regardless of settings. I've fiddled around with a few different plugins and found that only the Direct64 plugin works with the Lens of Truth, you can get the most stable release here.

Although this is inconvenient, I've gotten the hang of saving my current game state, switching plugins, finishing the Lens of Truth parts, then quickly switching back to the Glide plugin, sometimes the game will crash, sometimes it won't, always best to save your state before and after.

Fyw

Graphic Problem?

Well, i'm not sure if this is a problem... But i can't see the characters refined textures. For example you can see in this two images a pixelated Link.
I configured the emulator correctly, i don't know if i have to change the resolution to get a better hd texture to fix the pixeled problem. Or i'm exaggerating about the characters texture?

Attachments

• oot2.png
    oot2.png
    485.6 KB · Views: 158
  • zelda oot.png
    zelda oot.png
    592.8 KB · Views: 184
F

Fanatic 64

I don't see anything pixelated in those images. If you mean the solid color (aka lack of details), then that's how the texture pack was made, it's an stylistic choice, rather than an error.

This is pixelated:

furfaceboy_pixelated.jpg

While this is solid color:

link-windwaker.jpg

D1n

Researcher
I don't see anything pixelated in those images. If you mean the solid color (aka lack of details), then that's how the texture pack was made, it's an stylistic choice, rather than an error.

From the circles in the attached pics I assume he means aliasing.

@ Fyw

If by pixelated you mean the small "steps" or "jaggies" on the outline of objects, that's aliasing.
For that you should try upping the resolution or/and configure antiliasing options in the plugin or you graphics card driver.

Fyw

I can't check the Antiliasing configuration in the Jabo's Plugin. Because in the Glide Plugin, i can't see the antiliasing configuration.
So, without Glide i can't play. And... What is the recommended resolution to play the game in window mode and full-screen?

thank you for your answer.