What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Merry Xmas: OOT 2011 and MM 2001

UnitDC

Hi guys. I managed to get everything into the right folders and whatnot, however I'm having trouble when loading the textures for Majora's Mask. When starting the game, it will only load up to 142.9 MBs and then crash :( anybody have any advice?

For Ocarina of Time, it also will only go up to 143.62 MBs and then crash.

random person

Hi guys. I managed to get everything into the right folders and whatnot, however I'm having trouble when loading the textures for Majora's Mask. When starting the game, it will only load up to 142.9 MBs and then crash :( anybody have any advice?

For Ocarina of Time, it also will only go up to 143.62 MBs and then crash.
What computer and graphics card do you have? I'm new to this stuff so I'm just assuming that it makes a difference. Also for those of you that do have it working, what settings do you have for the glide plugin? cause all the screen shots that I see here are in HD but I cant seem to get it HD or full screen with it looking too far to the left so that I cant see the whole screen

noreg

Banned
Hey,

I tried out the Texture Pack for Majora's Mask but Project64 just won't load the new textures. :(

I made some Screenshots with my settings and folders, I followed the manual which rizz768 offered on the first page - but it seems like Project64 just ignores the new files. It just loads the game without loading more files (which was the case back when I used HiRes Textures for OoT; but that's like 2-3 years ago).

Can anyone help me?

www.abload.de/img/folderse7z9y.jpg
www.abload.de/img/t_enhacement2taaz.jpg
Edit:

Can't post pictues with my Account? :-/

Edit 2:

PJ64 is running as Admin & Windows Vista compability mode

EDIT 3:

Finally! It works, hadnt tried the Compability Mode after changing to Rice format.

This post helped me:
www.emutalk.net/threads/53556-Merry-Xmas-OOT-2011-and-MM-2001?p=443900&viewfull=1#post443900

Last edited:

Madlisboa

Awesome! I just ordered a Mayflash controller adapter, now I'm not sure if I can wait... >.< you are the best Djipi!

Just got done with Dodongo's Cavern, it was excellent, took some screenshots:

15vlut.jpg
usbr5.jpg

qox1k1.jpg
deb6ue.jpg

2aeo2go.jpg
se87kz.jpg

Edit: Over the past day some people have been having trouble getting the pack to load or just specific textures, here is just about everything useful to know in one post:

- A new version of Glide64 is required, you can get many of the newest revisions here. (December 02, 2011 revision 269 is working great)
- The European version of 'Majora's Mask' is required for all textures to load correctly.
- Create a folder called Cache in the plugin folder, and put all the new .dat files into it. (Located in your Project64 main directory, for 1.7 users, you will create the Cache folder in Plugins>GFX)
- Open your Texture enhancement options, and disable "Alternative CRC calculation"
- In 'Texture enhancement options', you will enable "Save texture cache to hard disk", "Use alpha channel fully", and "Compress texture cache" located directly under the 'Use alpha channel fully' option.

The Hires_texture folder isn't utilized in these new texture packs, to make sure there is no problems you can simply delete your old Zelda folders or rename them to something like "[OLD]THE LEGEND OF ZELDA" if you want to keep them.

If you've done everything correctly, including properly installing one of the newest Glide64 plugin's, you should be ready to start playing!
I did all u say,but still dont load the pack >.<

RomanFlare

I'm having a problematic framedrop drop during certain sequences:

- The cutscene where Link turns into a Deku Scrub and the one of Princess Zelda--any cutscene not with normal, in-game characters, it seems.
- The zoomed in Deku Bubble
- The screenshrink during the day change

My graphics settings are the default for Glide64 Wonder Plus HQ, but with the adjustments outlined in the O.P. Is anyone else running into this problem, and does anyone know how to fix it? I've got some time waiting for Night 3 lol.

Last edited:

travismcarthur9

I downloaded the 3 part pack of cell shaded textures for Ocarina of Time which was the 2011 pack. I extracted all three files which created two .DAT files. One being the THE LEGEND OF ZELDA_HIRESTEXTURES.DAT and THE LEGEND OF ZELDA_MEMORYCACHE.DAT. I put both of those files into the plugin folder and then into the cache folder. I put all of the Glide64 files after i had installed it into the plugin folder. Then I followed Djipi's guide by disabling CRC calculation. Then enabling use alpha channel fully, compress texture cache, and save texture cache to hard disk. Those were all the steps. So then, I loaded up zelda ocarina of time rom and there weren't any textures loaded. please help me. please help this noob(me) out here.

Artshe

So now everything is working fine but in fullscreen mode i get thick black lines and not 100% fullscreen on my 1920x1080 27 inch monitor. Anyone else had this problem but fixed it? I've tried changing the resolution in "Rendering" settings several time with Glide64 but i still can't run fullscreen.

Mugeneer

Nothing else worked, so i tried Napalm WX R1.1 and ENABLED "Alternative CRC calculation" and voila!

My Plugin Options
256mb Texture Cache
"Alternative CRC calculation" ON
"Save texture cache to hard disk" ON
"Compress texture cache" ON
Format: Rice Format

Everyone else's Plugin Options
128mb Texture Cache
"Alternative CRC calculation" OFF
"Save texture cache to hard disk" ON
"Compress texture cache" ON
Format: Rice Format

i hope it helps

DigitalAtlasx91

If someone helps me, I shall be eternally grateful. I've been lurking around here since the project first started and now I can't get this to work. See, I'm a big Wind Waker enthusiast and I love it when people help games age better (like New Vision with Deus Ex). Anyway, let me guide you to what I've already done:

-I downloaded the USA Rom of Ocarina of Time
-I've tried three different versions of the Glide64 pluggin (December 2nd, Napalm WX R1.1, and Final) as well as both Project64 1.7.50 and 1.6 for the steps below
-I created the cahce folder within the plugins folder for 1.6 and within the GFX folder for 1.7.50. I put the .dat files in each cache folder.
-I unchecked "alternative CRC calculation", checked both of the "compress texture cache"s, as well as "save texture cache to hard disk."
-With this and only this, I get a black screen only and hear the title theme playing.
-If I turn on "Smooth Filtering 1" and turn the texture cache up to "128 mb," I receive an error. (can't post the url to the image)
-I've tried turning on "Rice Format" under Hi-Resolution textures, but that crashes the emulator upon the start of emulation.
-I've read this entire thread and can't get it going.

Can someone please help me?

Last edited:

NeoRame

THX for this AWESOME MOD! but is there any change to get a fully support for German Language? because most of the menu parts doesnt themed. Button mappings and village names aren't themed too.

NeoRame

xenon5

So now everything is working fine but in fullscreen mode i get thick black lines and not 100% fullscreen on my 1920x1080 27 inch monitor. Anyone else had this problem but fixed it? I've tried changing the resolution in "Rendering" settings several time with Glide64 but i still can't run fullscreen.

I'm having the same problem. When I set the resolution to 1920x1080, in windowed mode it looks like the proper resolution is set but the screen is cut off by the window edges. When I alt+enter to full screen it looks like 800x600 and there are black bars on all 4 sides :( I was able to get full screen with a high resolution with a different texture pack under 1964video. can anyone help?

xenon5

... and now I can't get the textures to load at all. I was able to play the game fine last night with the hi res textures, albeit at a lower resolution than I wanted. But today the textures aren't loading at all, no white text at the beginning or anything, and I didn't change any settings or do anything since I played last night. I tried reinstalling Glide64 but that didn't help. Anyone know why it would just stop loading the textures randomly?

RomanFlare

Okay, so an updated laptop has solved most of my problems. However, even with all the correct settings enabled and disabled, things don't work properly. Notable the textures don't load 100% and instead stop at 142.90 or something close to that. I saw a post with a similar problem, the solution did not help me. Also, I'm running on an older version of glide because none of the newer versions worked for me for some bloody reason.

Another problem is, as I was playing the game, when I started the Bomber minigame, by hud disappeared (text still visible). When I entered a new area, my hud did NOT return plus Link's clothes textures seemed to fail.

Edit: Switching to the European version seems to have cleared up the issues!

Double Edit: Nope, the observatory scope is still a problem. As is the random dropping of letters. It got up until about half the alphabet. Danced with the scarecrow, fixed it o_o.

Triple Edit: I got a newer Glide to work, but the screen was absolutely terrible. I'd be super apprecative if someone could just upload their Project 64 program file (zipped) if they've gotten Majora's Mask to work perfectly. That's the only other option I can think of right now to get this thing going.

Last edited:

wwtoonlinkfan

Does someone know where to download this texture pack? The only link for it I know of is for Megaupload, and Megaupload was taken down by the US government some time ago.

rokoqc

Huge Kudos for your work! Thats really a lot of hard work you put there, and yet Im sad, because even that it restores this masterpiece, a lot of us cant use it since you went with the .dat format. This would make this version in Android, ask nothing to the 3Ds version. Hoping you have mercy on Android users and release a traditional folder version.