What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.
  • As members seem to have a problem reading the release threads:

Djipi's packs are built for the (Glide64 finale) Plugin. Nolonger supported!
    Djipi's packs are built for the (GlideN64) Plugin.
    These two Plugins are two completely different pieces of code.

GlideN64.HTC archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on Glide64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Glide64.DAT archived packs locked by Djipi are not compatible with use on GlideN64, Rice video, nor Jabo video.

Djipi has never made a pack for use with Rice video and never will. any packs found in this format are not authorized!

GlideN64 is the new standard and only requires an Radeon 6XXX.
    This is a somewhat older GPU and should be readily available.
    Do everyone a favor and upgrade!

Merry Xmas: OOT 2011 and MM 2001

Khaldun

Hey again, thanks for everyone's help. I downloaded 7zip and am ready to extract the files, but now I have a new issue. Everytime I try to download the files from the links, the download gets 25mb into the download and then stops. Does anyone have a solution? I'm on Firefox, if that helps. Thanks in advance!

Martin

Administrator
Ah that's odd. I get the full files from here (45 MB). Maybe test it with another browser? Google Chrome is a good one for example.

Khaldun

Ah that's odd. I get the full files from here (45 MB). Maybe test it with another browser? Google Chrome is a good one for example.

Huh, I tried again with Chrome and the downloads also stopped midway through. I tried downloading the files again with the same download link window open as when I started, however, and they continued with the partial download so no worries! Thanks for the reply.

Thanks again Djipi--beautiful work! :cheers:

etking

Nice work, but is there a chance to get a hires_textures version since I do not get the .dat files to run.
I tried 1964mod, 1964 1.2 and Project64 1.61 with the final version of Glide64.

The Cache folder is accessed when using any regular texture pack and works fine with other games, after 2nd launch the cache folder is used instead of hires_textures folder. I also removed any older Zelda pack from hires_texture folder and use recommended settings without alternate CRC. Both files are correctly placed in the cache folder but the THE LEGEND OF ZELDA_MEMORYCACHE.dat is overwritten by a larger file each time the emulator starts and it does not load any textures.

UPDATE: It now works after disabling S3TC Texture Compression. But I would like to request a hires_textures version or S3TC enabled .dat version since S3TC can prevent larger texture packs from crashing the emulator.

Last edited:

DDRPIP

The One and Only
I have to say, this pack has brought me back. Your work is just absolutely amazing Djipi.
Very nice job.

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
emulation 64 file don't seem to be downloading right, I believe all the files are all broken.
EDIT:
go to post 191

Last edited:

DDRPIP

The One and Only
Edit: I got it to work! I have no idea how. I checked some of the recommended boxes (which were checked before).
But I had the (E) and (U) versions of OoT and after trying the E version, both work now.
Don't know how or why, but it worked so whatever.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
please print screen everything and post an update for other users. thanks

I also found that if a user halts a download and the continues it the file may download the right way. (firefox)
I stopped and started the process about 5 times per file.

Last edited:

yoshiFTW

YAHOO! It took me ~3 hours of frustration and tinkering and scouring this thread, but I FINALLY got this to work. I thought I would share what I (think) I did to make it work.

System Specs:
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo
Vid card: ATI Radeon 5770

Using the latest Glide64_Final caused issues, as others had pointed out. All games would crash, even without high res textures trying to be applied. I replaced the GlideHQ.dll file with the Napalm WX R1.1 release, as someone else recommended. Now games would load, but the textures would not. I kept messing around with the texture settings, until finally I saw that it was displaying a split-second text of loading textures, but looked like only the MEMORYCACHE was being read for some reason.

I'm not sure if it made a difference, but I added both the HIRESTEXTURES.dat and the MEMORYCACHE.dat into the Program Files/P64/Plugin/cache folder AND the User/AppData/Local/VirtualStore/Program Files/P64/Plugin/Cache. I discovered that P64 was using this folder when I tried to remove a different texture set I had loaded and it wasn't going anywhere, it refused to load anything but the other texture set I had loaded.

Apologies if this was covered anywhere after page 7, which is about where I was when I finally got it working. I was so close to giving up..glad I didn't this pack is SO worth it, thank you!

I've tried linking some images of my settings but for some reason it won't let me post a link to imgur...

MarcusNO

There is a few textures i want to edit (for private use only) but i dunt know how to open the .dat file and edit the texture..

How can i do this?

Mollymutt

OK, so I finally was able to get OOT to load, but not MM. What rom version are you using to get it to work? There are about 10 different E versions of the rom.

tieigo

Brotherhood Of Shadow Member
The only thing that is missing in OOT is link's room in HD, why cannot it be edited?

OP
D

Djipi

Zelda CelShade Producer
Mollymut , use Majora's Mask (E) (M4) (v1.0) ^^ it's mine^^

Tiego , glide can edit the background but nobody have time or motivation to redo it^^

blaakfisk

These textures look great! I'm just having a few problems where it seems like parts of textures that should be transparent are not. For example, instead of the holes in a ladder showing what's behind it, it shows big white squares. The same thing happens with iron bars. Bombs and hearts etc. have boxes around them. I would post screenshots but it doesn't let me post url's because I just signed up. Is this to be expected, or does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it?