What's new

No input from keyboard

HarmlessOldMan

I would like to apoligize if the solution to this problem is found somewhere in "the fucking manual" or on this fine forum but I searched both and couldnt find anything. The problem is that project 64 seems to not recognize my keyboard at all (yes the controller is plugged in box is checked and yes I know what I'm doing) None is the only controller in the game device section and if I try to change one of the default controls I end up mashing keys for 6 seconds to no effect. I can not use any controls to even start playing a game even tho the opening sceeens for both zelda games play fine until it gets to the press start part where I end up mashing the enter key to no effect. If anyone knows how to fix this, please help.

OP
H

HarmlessOldMan

Sorry for double post, I solved this myself somehow (downloaded every single input plugin I could find and tried them one after another then set it back to the default jabo one and magicly its working :() Sorry for even posting this, apparently I only needed a few more hours of toying around with it.

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Game Device only lists controllers detected by Windows. It's not supposed to list the keyboard. As to why Project64 gets no input from your keyboard, I can't say. Are you using the default input plugin or some third party plugin?

EDIT: Ah, You managed to fix things.

Last edited:
OP
H

HarmlessOldMan

I did, and then I closed it to go out :( I came back and its not working again (cant remember what I did and fooling around with the input plugins did not fix it again) Some help/suggestions please?

Edit: fooled around with the settings again (different input plugins and plugging in/unplugging the controller at several different points) and got it working again, thought I found what fixed it so I closed it and tried to recreate it with no luck, would rather somone tell me how to fix this then doing trial and error from now till the end of time. My plugins are as following: Jabos direct input 7 1.4 and 1.6, and Nrages direct input 8 v2 1.8a and 2.1 rc3.

Last edited:

Toasty

Sony battery
This is a forum, not a chat room. For instant gratification go somewhere else. The fact that you configured it to work and then it stopped working on the next start up seems to indicate that your settings are not being saved and you may not have permission to write to PJ64's configuration files. (You on Windows Vista or 7? If so, try running PJ64 as an administrator when you're about to make configuration changes and see if they stick.)

Last edited:
OP
H

HarmlessOldMan

I stumbled upon the problem which doesnt make much sense, I stopped my security from auto sandboxing pf64 and now it accepts input from my keyboard with all default settings. Thank you toasty for leading me down the right path. I apoligize, this forum is not useless I was just frustrated that I could not figure out how to make it work.

evs11

I'm new and like you (HarmlessOldMan), I have been reading the manual and been searching threads that's somehow related to my problem. This is the closest so far, so please guys I need your help.
My PJ64 1.6 accepts Enter key, C key & arrow keys only. But it does not recognize other keys, like when I input the player name (Ocarina of Time) and when I assign P1 character (Super Smash Bros). I'm not even sure if this is a controller issue or a saving system issue. Please help!!! I really want to play those games on my PC (Intel Pentium Dual CPU, E2180@2GHz, 896MB Ram, Win XP, built-in graphics) and my netbook (AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.6GHz, 2GB, AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6310 Graphics). Thank you in advance.