What's new

PCSX2 compiling under gentoo linux

Cyberman

Normally things with Gentoo are handled like this
emerge <package>

and you twiddle your thumbs while everything magically (or automatically) works.

It appears that the PCSX2 portage data is no longer maintained. This is a bit of an issue since I have 60 games and I would like to play a few.
So I said "all right I'll see what I need to do to compile it"

That is the part where, I get some very weird if not annoying messages that aren't very sensible
Code:
CMake Error at CMakeLists.txt:15 (message):

PCSX2 does not support 64bits environment. Please install a 32bits chroot or a 32bits OS.
          PCSX2 have neither no plan to support the 64bits architecture in the future.
          It will need a complete rewrite of the core emulator and a lots of time

However when linux distribution will support properly multi-arch package, it will
          be at least possible to easily compile and install PCSX2 witout too much hassle (the chroot environment)

-- Configuring incomplete, errors occurred!
As I have a combined 32/64 bit environment and everything works it appears this is a bit convoluted. I use both 32 and 64 bit versions. It's weird because this is the first I've heard there was a problem? I've been compiling mixed variants of everything for a while so I don't get this.

Of course as I said NO ONE maintains the Gentoo portage version to 'fix' the issue. Hmm I'll have to force it to 32 bit but WHY do I need to run PCSX2 as root also? That makes little sense. I'm finding this a bit toward 'why?' Anyone actually have PCSX2 running under 32 bit linux, am I clueless or is something just weird with the R4600 and lower?

Cyb

OP
Cyberman

Cyberman

Sigh the Chroot thing is a bit of a pain

it requires the 32 bit kernal and a few other libraries. One thing at a time I guess.

Hopefully I can figure out why GLX is not work exactly the way it should, it should be loading the NVidia drivers (but it appears it's not).

I'll have to reboot and try again.

Cyb

Last edited: