What's new

glide64 stripes

stone64

There are stripes useing glide64 in fullscreen. Is this a bug? The stripes disappear on screenshots so i made photos.
59669515.jpg

78701495.jpg

89591840.jpg

47725072.jpg

Toasty

Sony battery
It's called tearing. Make sure "Vertical sync" is checked in the graphics plugin settings. (Though, as the tooltip says, that will only have an effect if vsync is set to "Software Controlled", and I'm not sure where that can be changed, if it's even something that the user can configure.)

OP
S

stone64

I tried setting Vertical sync on/off but there was no difference.
Can I do something to enable this option? (I use Project64 1.6)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
I tried setting Vertical sync on/off but there was no difference.
Can I do something to enable this option? (I use Project64 1.6)
If you already checked said option from Glide64's settings, you enabled said option. The only reason why it still wouldn't be enabled is for your graphics card driver to have completely disabled said option.

If you haven't messed around with your graphics card's driver settings, then those settings should be "Application controlled" by default, thus enabling VSync when you check that option in Glide64's settings. Is your monitor/screen set to 60Hz refresh? What graphics card do you have?

Last edited:
OP
S

stone64

I think I haven't messed around with my graphics card's driver settings because I don't know where I can change this. I was only able to select 59Hz, so I changed the refresh rate in the Glide64's settings also to 59Hz but this has not solved my problem.
graphics card: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

PsyMan

Just Another Wacko ;)
The problem here is that the textures of the game have a low resolution. TVs apply filtering that hide the issue, while on PC monitors you either have to run the game on a small window or apply other, uglier filtering that will cover the issue but will make the game too blurry as a result.

Glide64, or even the glide wrapper should have some filtering options for you to choose from, try them.

OP
S

stone64

I wanted to try a filter from texture enhancement but Project64 dropped off after stating the emulation. Have I done something wrong?

OP
S

stone64

Is tearing a general problem of glide64? I don't have this problem with other plugins. I only use glide64 because it supports changing the aspect ratio.

OP
S

stone64

Can someone help me please? How can I get the smoothing filter working? Does this work on other PCs?

OP
S

stone64

I've tested other plugins and found out that the stripes appear in games with all plugins which use OpenGL. Is it possible to solve this? Please help.

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
it means your graphics card is shit

a common feature of AMD/ATI cards
Tell us how you really feel :shifty:

I have an ATI Radeon HD 6870 and I can assure you it is not shit ;) - But thats asides the point, though I'll grant you Opengl could be better on it, I personally never had any issues with it but there is something that can be done if you do:

1) Right click anywhere on the desktop and select "Catalyst Control Center"

2) Find what I am showing in my attached picture for settings to adjust and see if that helps you, Stone64. Its under 3D Application Settings.

Attachments

• settings.jpg
    settings.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 276
Last edited:

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
thank you ScottJC, as always a great helpful and useful post that helped stone64

I also have a an ATI Radeon HD and ATI have never let me down.

it means your graphics card is shit
a common feature of AMD/ATI cards

squall: this is a help forum, that means we help people not post useless idiot unhelpful crap like you just did. Please leave that to the forums that allow your rude unhelpful posting. If you have nothing helpful or nice to say, do us all a favour and say nothing at all thank you :)

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
thank you ScottJC, as always a great helpful and useful post that helped stone64

I also have a an ATI Radeon HD and ATI have never let me down.

squall: this is a help forum, that means we help people not post useless idiot unhelpful crap like you just did. Please leave that to the forums that allow your rude unhelpful posting. If you have nothing helpful or nice to say, do us all a favour and say nothing at all thank you :)

says the ship jumper :saint:

ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

That specific adapter is a piece of crap, with numerous faults in the Opengl ICD, AMD dropped support for it in a driver revision which had opengl memoy leaks and a polygon warping glitch.

Last edited:

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
That specific adapter is a piece of crap, with numerous faults in the Opengl ICD, AMD dropped support for it in a driver revision which had opengl memoy leaks and a polygon warping glitch.
What's your point? We did solve the problem after all. (He just wanted V-Sync to be on)

A better graphics card is not required to do what was asked about in the thread and not everyone needs what you or I need from our computers. We're not talking about Battlefield 3 here, are we? My father for instance only browses the web, installing a high end graphics card would be pointless for him.

If your point is just to say 'that graphics card sucks', while you might think that's being helpful - you're essentially implying that he should go out and get a better graphics card/computer, Not everyone has the money to go out and buy a new graphics card/computer - especially considering I've proven that isn't even necessary, that would be overkill.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
says the ship jumper :saint:

Seriously are you 8 years old? this has nothing to do with the fact that i left your stupid playground over at Project64 1.7 because you and the rest of your spammers/rude fools are just that......

Also lets not forget you didn't seem to mind this ship jumper when ypou needed your piece of crap thread revived for your piece of crap project..........

As for this stupidity i think a time out is needed for you to be honest... this is a help forum not a spam/act like a idiot who thinks he can get away with everything because he is probably "Special" in every sense of the word forum. So enjoy your time out :)

Ice! we seriously need a good catch up so nice to see you back :)

OP
S

stone64

I tried to play Pokemon Stadium 2 but I get an error message if I select a Pokemon.
unbenanntbi.png

Is this also because of my graphic card?