What's new

glide64 stripes

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
Maybe not, Agozer. I just tested this myself with Project64 1.6 and that game and it also crashes for me when I select the Pokemon, did a little testing with a newer version of glide64 (Get that here: http://www.emuxhaven.net/forums/showthread.php?56-Napalm-WX-WIP-fixes ) and it doesn't crash anymore for me.

Make sure to update the plugin and the wrapper.

Try that Stone64.

Bear in mind that that the game still has various graphical glitches, got to try other video plugins until you get one you like the most.

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Ah, I see. I'm using the latest WIP myself, so it didn't occur to me that older version might have this issue.

OP
S

stone64

I updated glide before with strange results. In Pokemon Stadium it solves bug but causes full screen bugs.
I wanted to try a filter from texture enhancement but Project64 dropped off after stating the emulation.
I am not able to get glideHQ running in the WIP versions. I can't even notice a difference if I remove the glideHQ.dll file. I solved it by using the old glideHQ.dll together with the new version of glide64.
I used Pokemon Stadium 2 with the old version and the Sep 24 2011 version before with the same result. I am trying the version from the forum now which doesn't works either.
I use glide64 because I don't like stretched screens. I have not found other plugins which displays the game in 4:3. The games where I have posted screenshots work perfectly now. Can I get Pokemon Stadium games working without buying a new graphic card. I don't expect that Pokemon Stadium 2 runs perfectly but with other plugins the bugs are much worse than the glide64 bugs. I haven't even noticed a bug in Pokémon Stadium if I play in window.
glide64pokemonstadium01.png
WIP Version
glide64pokemonstadium20.png
WIP Version
glide64pokemonstadium04.png
old version

Last edited:

icepir8

Hi Gent,

Sounds good to me.

Stone64: I will be adding a fix to TR64olg to handle the wide screen monitors. Since I have one. :) Got so many things on the to do list. lol

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
stone64: I am not sure that upgrading would help that much, you could upgrade and still have issues. Glide64 and wrapper is not an overly graphic intensive application so it may look better but may not.

As for the 4:3 stretching, I originally wrote in this post that you needed to use 4:3 resolutions but on further thought that is probably wrong.

In windowed mode 4:3 is fine. In full screen mode you should use 16:9 if it is widescreen.

For instance: 800x600 is a 4:3 ratio, while 1280x720 is a 16:9 ratio. In full screen try to use a 16:9 ratio so it doesn't stretch.

If you're unsure a little math works it out, take the first number say it is 1280 and divide it by 16 then times it by 9 and you get 720, same thing works out if you want to find out what is 4:3.

Last edited:
OP
S

stone64

Sorry for my bad english but I think you missunderstand me. I use glide64 although I have troubles with it because it displays the game in 4:3 with black bars on the left and on the right side. Other plugins like jabo's stretch the screen.
I think it's best to use my monitor's resolution(1680 * 1050).
I will be adding a fix to TR64olg to handle the wide screen monitors.
Are the new versions of glideHQ not working because of this or do you only talk about pokemon stadium?

play0r

exactly what I mean to fix.

Hopefully I'll be able to test out your plugin sometime soon (just waiting for access).
Glad to see I'm not the only one with Vsync issues and Glide64...
My Nvidia card does everything else just fine (and different plugins too) with no Vsync stutters or tearing, but Glide64 has the best options for the games I own like Paper Mario (among others).