What's new

Help going from demul 5.5 to 5.6

ABACABB

I had been using Demul version 0.5.5 for a while and recently downloaded the newer version 5.6. I placed all my bios files in the correct folders but when I try to run a game I get this error: "Unalble to Load". I am using the same bios files and roms from version 5.5 (which have worked fine) so are they different rom sets that are now in use with ver 5.6? Can anyone point me in the right direction here?

Oh I am running win 7-64bit, so i know the version 5.6 does not have a 64-bit version yet. Could this be a problem?

Last edited:

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
"bitness" has nothing to do with it. 64-bit Windows 7 runs 32-bit applications just fine. I got the same problem on my old 32-bit XP machine, and haven't really bothered to look into it.

A stupid and uninformation error message, since it doesn't really specify what exactly is wrong.

OP
A

ABACABB

I may be making some progress here. I deleted the entire folder containing Demul and all of its files. Reinstalled and tried to make sure I have the most up to date romset and bios files. Now instead of the "Unable to Load" error message, I get this message: missing epr-21331.bin in romset "naomi". I am trying to run HOTD2 and I have the housed of the dead2 bios files so not sure what is going on here. I also have the naomi and naomi2 bios files. Just not sure what to do next??

cable104

Google the missing file download and place it in naomi zip file or try finding naomi bios from a different site.

OP
A

ABACABB

ughhhh!! I have a pretty good understanding of MAME but this is driving me crazy. Tried lots of different sites for bios files and cannot seem to find the missing file to add myself. cable104, are you available to chat?

update just looked in my naomi bios and the "missing" file is in there!! now i'm really stuck

Last edited:

cable104

Right ive got it! Once i got home i tried hotd2 and got the same problem (just shows how long it is since i last played it). You need to copy the epr-21331 & 0 from hodbios zip and put them in the naomi bios zip. I did this and then found my rom file was out of date so i copyed over my newly updated mame rom

OP
A

ABACABB

OK When I tried to run the game it said epr-21331.bin missing so i did what you said about copying them into naomi bios from the hotd2bios. Now I when I try to run the game I am back to the error message "unable to load". Not very descriptive.. So I am assuming my rom must not be up-to-date. Is there any way I can check which version I have or better yet find out which version I need. I am not trying to run the clone "house of the dead 2 (original)". I am trying everything I can think of here but getting nowhere. :ranting:

OP
A

ABACABB

UPDATE: I got this working by simply installing the netplay plugin available for download on the demul website.