What's new

Problems with Zelda OoT!

Tuss

I've gotten a lot of help with the Project64 emulator by reading threads on this forum but now I'm totally stuck.

I've played as far as to where I get to the forest temple. The sequence with the poe's works just fine but it's when I get to the 2nd northern room that the emulation crashes. It says something about an ROM fail and then I have to start over again from The temple of time even though I saved at the main hall in the forest temple.

What can I do to solve this? Is there even a solution to this?

Toasty

Sony battery
Are you using save states? (Sounds like it.) If so, try running from a native save. (Save the game as you would on the original console, quit, restart the emulator and select the file as you would on the original console.)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
What are your computer specs? Are you using the default plugins? Are you sure that your ROM is good? Do you have the latest Project64 RDB file? Are you using cheats?

OP
T

Tuss

Sir, I have no idea! :)

No I'm not using any cheats. I just figured things out on my own like "oh this is how I start this" and so on. I had project64 before but then I had super mario that worked perfectly so I simply just did the same thing as back then but with Zelda.

To put i simply, I started the emulator and loaded the game. I used in game saving until it said that the ROM failed and the game crashed, then I tried save states but the same results.

And here's a link to my computers specs

OP
T

Tuss

Oh well I found It!
I'll try it out in a sec or two! :)

Last edited: