What's new

An update on Project64

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Been a while since I posted here!

I've decided to release a patch to 1.6 that includes the majority of the plugin fixes from Project64 1.7 beta, and take a step away from the project. I am doing this independently, it is not an official release.

A bit more explanation for those interested can be found on my blog at jabosoft.com, rather not copy and paste everything. If you just want to view the changes and download information I'll paste that link as well:

Click here to download

I always felt the best days of Project64 were at Emutalk, looking back this is where we really built the community that drove some of the best things in the emulator. Things haven't been the same since, so I've decided to bring back what I could here. Please keep the feedback on Emutalk! :)

Last edited:

RadeonUser

Nice to see you finally releasing your stuff Jabo.
I'm only disappointed that we weren't able to help you release support documentation but hopefully the rest of the community will help with the legwork.

I more than understand your reasons for wanting to "leave this behind" but I'll be ever the optimist and wait for your return ;)

ScottJC

At your service, dood!
I can majorly respect what you did here, instead of just leaving everyone hanging you release what you have - kudos to you man, hope life treats you well!

Miretank

Lurking
This SURE has made my day. Seriously. Can't wait to get back home and try it out!

Thanks a lot Jabo! You are THE MAN.

It's also great to see the old guys around! *waves at Gent, ScottJC, seth and RadeonUser*

This SURE has made my day. Seriously. Can't wait to get back home and try it out!

Thanks a lot Jabo! You are THE MAN.

It's also great to see the old guys around! *waves at Gent, ScottJC, seth and RadeonUser*

You'll have to excuse me, he said this was similar to 1.7? As far as I know, 1.7 didn't do anything special over 1.6 other than a new logo.

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
the fix log provided, assuming it is the complete list is only a small set of the changes in d3d8 1.7.

apart from the change log, it also doesn't do other things like file based settings configs, per game configs, high res texture loading (jabo format)

Last edited:

Miretank

Lurking
You'll have to excuse me, he said this was similar to 1.7? As far as I know, 1.7 didn't do anything special over 1.6 other than a new logo.

Audio Plugin:
tarzan and hydro thunder to have audio now due to buffering changes

Input Plugin:
configuration dialog gamepad polling stops at first hit now properly
ported the polling order from 1.7 which should be more reliable
uses system keyboard names now
updated layout to be more like 1.7 changes

D3D8 Plugin:
bugfix: fixed a problem where the plugin could crash if it ran out of video memory
bugfix: fixed microcodes for blast corps, body harvest, ODT, and asteroids
1080: fixed europe region effects
40winks: fixed strange texturing issue
bangoi: sprite edges should look correct
banjotooie: fixed puzzle rendering and other regions
cruisin usa: brake lights work
dragonsword: menu text drawing and scaling fixed
drmario: fixed background in versus mode
fzero: fixed potential triangle overflow issue
goldeneye: fixed calculations of sky triangles
legoracer: fixed players going out of sight
mkart: fixed whomps in bowser castle
mkart: racetrack frame buffer support
oot: end of game subscreen issues
paperboy: fixed map drawing in game
pdark: fixed scanners
tarzan: fixed butterfly and health meter
vigilante8: fixed some textures
zeldamm: fixed day transition borders and lens of truth in snow areas

http://www.emucr.com/2011/09/project64-plug-in-patch-v161.html

Last edited:

Quvack

Thanks for all your amazing work with PJ64 over the years Jabo, the whole 'scene' certainly doesn't seem to have the same feel to it that it used too all those years ago, tis a shame, but just how the world turns I spose :)

Nice to see an update on ET though :)

OP
Jabo

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Ah nice to see some old friends again! :)

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I wasn't sure what to expect releasing it after so long. I tried to throw in as many extras as I had time for, so it should be worthwhile for even people who are had the betas.

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
what about retexture support?
is that still in the works somewhere or do we have to code it into the plugin ourselves?

thanks again for all your work.

Status
Not open for further replies.