What's new

An update on Project64

Status
Not open for further replies.

weinerschnitzel

Surreal64 Nut
It's sad to see you leave. You have been making lots of progress in recent years where other plugins haven't. I hope you, Zilmar and co. decide come up with new licencing if Project64 goes on hiatus. It would be a shame to see your work cease when it has come so far.

Thank you for all your time that makes ours that much better!

icepir8

Hey Jabo,

Greate work. Sorry to see this day. Who nows the bug may bite you again. I have been working on TR64ogl plugin again. lol

Good luck on what ever you do next!

dazey238

My first post in over 5 years (could barely remember my username!) - just wanted to say thanks for everything Jabo, discovered Project64 8 years ago and am STILL working my way through Zelda Ocarina of Time! LOL

Have downloaded and applied the patch, and also the most recent unofficial RDB files.

At this rate I'll have completed Majora's Mask by the time I'm about 50! But you, Zilmar and the PJ64 team made it possible!

Now all we need is Orkin to resurface after 7 years to continue his work on gl64 and Direct64 :D

GE Master

Hey this is an unexpected surprise! Thanks for early Christmas present. I'm gathering that the GoldenEye sky and temple textures are corrected. I'm also gathering the Perfect Dark Slayer texture is corrected. This couldn't have come at a better time as I'm heading out for a PD session with the boys. A hoot from the past. I'm thinking via PJ64 is what we are now doing. I need to dust off my adapters. Been a long while since I fired up some emu action. I'm planning on trying some hdmi onto HDTV so fingers crossed this is a new gaming option for "old school" doods like me and my pals. I guess they missed getting their asses kicked. I'm happy to oblige ;-)

laynlow200

As a beta donator, I hope the money came in handy. I'm glad to contribute to all the hard work you guys put into it. Thanks so much for this update. Take care.

xperia64

Direct3D Source

Would it be possible for you to release the source code for your direct 3d plugin any time soon? Thanks

Geoz

De Master
Hey Jabo,

Just like to say thanks for this release.

You've been one of the "rocks" of the emulation community, and I'd like to express my gratitude for everything you've done. Emutalk and emulation isn't (and won't) be the same without you. The old days were good. Take it easy man & best of luck.

Merry Christmas.

OP
Jabo

Jabo

Emulator Developer
Nice to see more people out and about, enjoy new years everyone :holiday:

squall_leonhart

The Great Gunblade Wielder
Would it be possible for you to release the source code for your direct 3d plugin any time soon? Thanks

Jabo is never going to release his source and even less likely than NEVER if people keep asking for it.

There is more to this mans work then simply source code.

Come on. Better code than this has been released in the name of progress. He just doesn't want to let go. It's a shame though, by holding on for no reason he's hurting more than helping. Here's an idea, let other people work on the code you've givin' up on so that N64 emulation can move forward instead of being selfish. All of your current progress is no doubt appreciated, but if you're done, let others take over.

Last edited:

RadeonUser

I'm having problems following your logic [SS] Starscream.

Come on. Better code than this has been released in the name of progress.
Okay, so apparently Jabo's plugins aren't the best out there and there are open source plugins that do things better.

It's a shame though, by holding on for no reason he's hurting more than helping.
Then I read this part and it seems that you're contradicting yourself.

So which is it? Would the release of the source be helpful or not?
That aside though, it's purely up to Jabo if he wants to release the source code or not and personal attacks at him aren't going to convince him otherwise.

It's understandable that you want to defend a decent coder, but you're thinking too short sighted. When I say "better code than this has been released", that doesn't have to do only with N64 stuff. People produce great code for all kinds of things and they're not worried about holding on to it. There are no personal attacks, just facts. And even if there were attacks (which there aren't), asking nicely isn't going to get him to release the code any more than an attack would, so it really doesn't matter what is being said or how you interpret it. It basically comes down to loving the N64 and loving the community you're a part of. If you're unwilling to help it prosper after you're done, what's the point?

Last edited:

NES_player4LIFE

Texture Pack Invader
Here we go again...
Why is it that whenever pj64 comes up in topic you start begging for the source code?
If you where really interested in development you would be on the Alpha or Bata test team.
The Code will be released when they release it, so quit acting like a noob, buck up and get on with life.
Jabo has done a great job with his code, and if he has his reasons for holding the release back I'm sure they must be valid.
Debating about it will not do any thing but tick the PJ64 Alpha team off.

OP
Jabo

Jabo

Emulator Developer
If you're unwilling to help it prosper after you're done, what's the point?
That's being a little over dramatic. People work on projects for many reasons, they don't have to align with your expectations.

As I mentioned in my blog, the project isn't going in a direction I feel comfortable with, leaving is not a reflection on my interest in emulation. I'm confident I'll find a use for my work in the future, whatever that may be. In the mean time I'm very satisfied with 1.6.1, which is ultimately the point.

Last edited:
Jabo: All I see in your comments is you worried about you. "Your" work and "you're" satisfied. Maybe the project is more than just about you? I really didn't want to discuss this anymore but since you did respond, I guess I'll have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.