What's new

Any way to convert Mupen64 savestate to Project64?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimbo1qaz

I'm playing OOT. I desperately need to do that because my savefile is in the Great Deku Tree but my bit64 (mupen64plus android) savestate is at the boss of Dodongo (way more progress in savefile than savestate). I can't just play on Android anymore because bit64 was pulled from market. Mupen64 has no GUI, so it's useless. Any way to convert the savestate? Here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34131225/ootsavestate.7z
:ranting:

pureskyll

I couldn't find any way to make it work. I did some research and found that .Z7 isn't supported on P64, and it can't be converted into any other type of file (on a free online converter). Sorry, it looks like you should be glad that you're not farther into the game. :)

OP
J

jimbo1qaz

Well, not quite

7z is an archive format. I 7zed my mupen64 savestate to upload to website. When this wsite glitched, I uloaded to dropbox. Can you unzip it and take a look inside?

Last edited:
OP
J

jimbo1qaz

Convert them, not built-in native compatibility. I forgot to take built-in saves and only used savestates. Savefiles are OK, only really old.

pradipna

what planet do you live on where you think save states would be compatible between different emulators.

It can be. I don't know about N64 emulators but there other emulators that have compatible save formats. It can be easily done, if developers wants to do so...

Allnatural

It can be. I don't know about N64 emulators but there other emulators that have compatible save formats. It can be easily done, if developers wants to do so...
"Easily done" might be a stretch, but yes, it is possible. 1964 can import PJ64 states, though it's never worked properly for me.

P

Pokemaniacs

1964 can important 1.4 states, but 1.6 changed the data added enough to render it incompatible.

I just load a PJ64 v1.6 savestate onto 1964mod and it has no problem loading it.
I believe 1964 may have some problem loading it because of some other issue rather than being incompatible.

I did an export of PJ64 format savestate from 1964mod and load onto PJ64 v1.6 and it loads without issue too.

Last edited:
P

Pokemaniacs

try one of the heavier games, like bonkers.

I think you meant CBFD.

I took 3 savestate from PJ64 v1.6 (Berri place, Conker on the phone and Conker drunk) and load them on 1964mod - perfect.
I took a savestate from 1964mod and load it onto PJ64 v1.6 - perfect.

So long as you know what is saved onto the savestate and import back down to another emu correctly, there is no reason why it shouldn't work.

Morshu9001

Ah shoot, I replied but misread the OP. Now I've revived a 3-year-old thread for nothing because there's no delete button.

bluebaloo

Is it possible to convert from Project64 to Mupen64? Using an android emulator and apparently its Mupen but on my desktop I have a saved .dat file and a .pj save files for major'as mask. I am new to this so I'm sorry for the ignorance but I am really hoping to convert it to mupen so that I can use in my android. Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.