What's new

P64 won't let me add cheats HELP NEEDED PLZ!!

2tailedcrusader

OK, soooo I have recently downloaded Project64 and a rom for Super Mario 64. The game works perfect, way to go, P64. Only one problem. Most of the cheats for the game... don't work. Like, AT ALL. The only ones that worked were Mario's cap in hand, and GS button for coins. That's it. Oh and also, IT WON'T LET ME ADD CHEATS. I've turned on advanced mode, right clicked, did everything I was supposed to, and clicked ADD CHEAT, right? And NOTHING happened. My cheat wasn't there when I clicked out of the box. Just to make sure, I tried a diff. cheat, but nothing happened. Which tells me that the cheats section is horribly mutated. Please help me with my problems, people!:down:

OP

2tailedcrusader

Honestly, this many views and noone has ANYTHING to help me? That's really weak... I swear, everything I want to do on this computer doesn't work: Minecraft, Lunar Magic, this, it really sucks. And I have no idea why it doesn't work. No theories, or anything. At least Desktop Ponies works... ]:/ Emutalk, I am disappoint.

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
well i can assure you that the cheats do indeed work. Interesting though that everything you try that isn't PJ64 related also does not work? that would tend to lean towards this actually not being a PJ64 only problem no? :)

Also people can only help you if you are specific with the simple things like:

Rom Name (Has it been checked to be a Good Rom)
Region (Are the cheats you are trying to add the correct codes for the right region IE: Gameshark ore Action Replay)

OP

2tailedcrusader

Yeah I have a good rom. It's Super Mario 64 (U). I thought that it might be the rom, so I got Zelda OoT, but same problem. As soon as I click Add Cheat, the info disappears, and the cheat doesn't add itself. I'm stumped. The cheats it comes with are generic, and I wanted to play as Daisy... :C

R

raganinjo

Try add cheats with other version of PJ64,if done,put .cht file to other emulator folder.If with other emulator you can't add cheats too,then I don't know what to do.Never have problems with cheat adding on Windows XP.By he way,if You use different OS,maybe that is problem.
Oh,and don't worry about,if some cheats not working,because them is for Europe,Japan or other region.
Good luck,colleague! :)

Gent

The Soul Reaving Gentleman
Administrator
it sounds to me like your file is full or corrupt

Download the Original Cheat File (Project64.cht 1.6 1st April 2005) from Here

Now see if you can add the cheats in with any problem