What's new
  • Most issues reported these days stem from users not enabling their emulators to use the required amount of RAM.
    We also tend not to use the search feature but post our issues within the texture pack release page.
    Failure to load a texture pack should not be posted in the release thread unless you have already patched the emulator.

If you don't have the resources to use Large/HD texture packs please do not attempt to do so.
    Users should have a minimum amount of System RAM not less then 4GB's.
    If you have less then 4GB's of RAM do not post about how your emulator crashes,
    RAM is dirt cheap so invest some money into your PC.

I would like to say thanks to squall_leonhart
    for posting this Solution.

gonna make new texture pack, i have a couple questions...

elahrairah

gonna make new texture pack for OOT, i have a couple questions...

========
OOT
========

i figured this would be the best place to come.

so iv never made a pack before, but i would assume i could just take the images from the game and change them in photo shop, and replace in your "project64/plugin/hires_texture/The Legend of Zelda"?
or is there more to it?

because my bro is a photo shop GOD, and if its that simple ill send him the game images and beg him to just tripp them out...

it could really be incredible, and i think he would help if its that easy for him.

=]
thanks for any info you guys!

Last edited:

The Dave

Anyone can feel free to disagree with me, but I think the worst idea that you can have is to start a new texture pack for Ocarina of Time. There's a community texture project for OoT that is in desperate need of artists, if your brother is so good at Photoshop (and honestly there's some great artists here that are probably better than him) then you should get him in contact with them. There are plenty of very good looking textures already made and there's just no point at trying to redo stuff, especially at this time where the community is so close to death.

Honestly Djipi is holding the community together, without his 2 packs there would be almost no interest. The best, supportive thing you can do is get your brother to help with the OoT community pack or find a really good game no one has really successfully created a pack for. Does your brother have a portfolio you could link to?

OP
E

elahrairah

ok dood, first of all i cant just direct him to that community, he just wouldn't do it, its diffident if i send him sum pix and talk him into messing with them that a diffrent story entirely.

and if i make the pack ppl can use all his work freely anyways 0_o so it would have the same result.

+ he is good man.... he went to the #2 art collage in the US and is incredibly unique.

all i wanted to know if its as simple as editing the pix in photo shop and replacing.

and i wouldn't bother making "just another oot texture" i wanna make it different and i think with him we could =]

:alien2:

ill check around and see if i can find any of his art to link man.

http://www.mediafire.com/?lvaiycwy2szsf6j

there old tho, from before he even got to collage, maybe 5 or 6 years ago.
so hes learned more since then to.

ill see if i can get more recent stuff to, hes still in Cyprus so times all messed up and we don't get to talk as much.

Last edited:

Allnatural

ok dood, first of all i cant just direct him to that community, he just wouldn't do it, its diffident if i send him sum pix and talk him into messing with them that a diffrent story entirely.
Is it? If he's not interested in joining the community, why would he go to the trouble of editing/creating a bunch of textures for you? There's a fair bit of work involved in making good textures.

Toasty

Sony battery
Not to mention, it would be pretty difficult and tedious to retexture a game if someone was just sending you the textures. You need to be able to extract them yourself and see the part of the game that they came from, and then you need to be able to run the game with your modified textures yourself so you can see how they look and what needs changing. Having someone send you the textures to improve them would be like having someone send you little one-square-centimeter pieces of the Mona Lisa so that you could improve them - only you couldn't see how they all fit together.

OP
E

elahrairah

Not to mention, it would be pretty difficult and tedious to retexture a game if someone was just sending you the textures. You need to be able to extract them yourself and see the part of the game that they came from, and then you need to be able to run the game with your modified textures yourself so you can see how they look and what needs changing. Having someone send you the textures to improve them would be like having someone send you little one-square-centimeter pieces of the Mona Lisa so that you could improve them - only you couldn't see how they all fit together.

ah i see, because hes played but not as much as we have...
=/ that's really to bad.
i guess i'll have to send him pix of the actual area(in game) that hes editing the photos of?

still ill see if hell try the shield or something, and see how it looks in game.

thanks for the info tho man.