What's new

ePSXe audio problem question????

gamemaster14

I am using ePSXe 1.52. I rip my games to bin iso's to make them run faster and to avoid cd read errors. I have an audio problem. If I play a game (in iso form) that used red book audio (music that plays straight from the cd) for music, the music dosnt play. Is there any way to get red book audio to play from an iso. Do I need a special sound plugin. I currently use Pete's Dsound and Prodigy sound driver. I have seen this problem only with red book audio games like Thrill Kill, Battle Arena Toshinden, Twisted Metal,and others that use red book. does anyone have any idea how I fix this? Can I fix this problem?

Allnatural

It's a known limitation of the iso format that you can't stream CDDA audio. There are some work-arounds though. Mooby's CDROM plugin is said to be able to stream CDDA, but I've never been able to get it working. A more sure-fire approach is to install Daemon tools, which can load your iso's into a virtual drive. Works great for me.:) In both cases you'll need a cue sheet for your game image, so you'll want to rip the image with something like CloneCD.

sya64

Rom Finder #-Z
Yeah!

Full name.. please :p
My best audio plugin is.....

"Pete's DSound Audio Driver 1.14" <--is this GREAT plugin?