Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Error: Mapper #228 unsupported

Hy everyone!

I am recently started using Jnes for emulating NES and like it very much, but have some problem with certain games:
    When trying to start games with mapper 118, 119, 228 and 232.
    Others are working great.
    Please someone help me, whats the problem and how to solve it?

16-bit Corpse | Moderator Agozer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    You can't solve it in any other way than using a NES emulator that has support for those mappers. Mapper support needs to be coded in the emulator so that the games that use these specific mappers work. I'm going on a limb here and say the the games that you're having problems with are either fairly obscure Japanese games with customs mappers or bootlegs.

Anyway, you should try NEStopia or FCEUltra, and see if the games are properly supported in those emulators.
    Last edited by Agozer; May 3rd, 2011 at 18:09.

ElektroDragon: I hate dying over and over. I don't learn from my mistakes. I couldn't play Dark Souls because of this. I bought the Bloodborne Collector's Edition. Like I said, I don't learn from my mistakes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agozer View Post
    You can't solve it in any other way than using a NES emulator that has support for those mappers. Mapper support needs to be coded in the emulator so that the games that use these specific mappers work. I'm going on a limb here and say the the games that you're having problems with are either fairly obscure japanese games with customs mappers or bootlegs.

Anyway, you should try NEStopia or FCEUltra, and see if the games are properly supported in those emulators.
    Thank for the info!
    I'll take a look at those too.
    Last edited by Agozer; May 3rd, 2011 at 18:09.