What's new

Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess retexture WIP

Kage no Okami

Twilight Princess Retexturer
Hi all. I've been working on retexturing this game, and I still haven't really scratched the surface too much. Regardless, here's what I have now:

Top is before, bottom is after.

Hyrule Field (and Link)
Goron Mines
More Goron Mines

Yeah, like I said, not much. (There's more below, but any I haven't linked here have been redone.)

Last edited:

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
It's nice to see some activity in this place. But I agree with Hellraiser, some before/after screens would make the comparison easier and attract more people.

OP
Kage no Okami

Kage no Okami

Before and after?

Alright then,

Left is before, right is after.
Treeplacebanda_strip2.png

rocksbanda_strip2.png

ordonbanda_strip2.png

cavebanda_strip2.png

MasterPhW

The original textures are more detailed, but really low res, the new replacements have a much better resolution but miss some details to be a proper replacement.
But it's a good first try, I've seen lot worse textures in the last few years and guys: it's a GC game, that needs to be appreciated! :)

OP
Kage no Okami

Kage no Okami

The original textures are more detailed, but really low res, the new replacements have a much better resolution but miss some details to be a proper replacement.
But it's a good first try, I've seen lot worse textures in the last few years and guys: it's a GC game, that needs to be appreciated! :)

How about this then? :p

forestagain_strip2.png

I'm still working on the trees and foliage (which is why the trees are pale and the foliage is teal) I'm also gonna be balancing some colors and changing the dirt, but I think it's an improvement, myself.

MasterPhW

Yeah, it's an improvement.
That's the reason I would never say, it's bad, it's just not so advanced like some textures of high res artist which are doing it for multiple years, like Djipi. ;)

OP
Kage no Okami

Kage no Okami

Maybe some day :p the textures actually do look a lot better in-game though, since the smaller screen size I reduce it to to make it not so obnoxiously huge blurs the image and makes it look worse than it actually is >.>

Hellraiser465

How about this then? :p

forestagain_strip2.png

I'm still working on the trees and foliage (which is why the trees are pale and the foliage is teal) I'm also gonna be balancing some colors and changing the dirt, but I think it's an improvement, myself.
Better, but I'd do something abut those blue plants.

Restaino814

its beautifulll i want it so bad! i cant find a hires TP pack anywhere, and its annoying me because i know its out there! when is it available to download?

OP
Kage no Okami

Kage no Okami

It might take a while, since Twilight Princess has a lot of textures (and I do mean a lot). I'm hoping to get it done by the end of the year, but...who knows? Life tends to have unexpected turns. I'll try to update more often though. It's going to take a little longer than it really should because, unfortunately, it runs slow on my computer.

OP
Kage no Okami

Kage no Okami

AlrightI've been doing some thinking, and, I'll be honest: I'm absolutely amateurish at Realism. I'm obviously just copy-pasting bigger images and merging them together. Quite frankly, I'm tired of doing that. I've been thinking of doing a much more cartoonish style, and it's one I'm actually good at. And, since I'm not keen on explaining this, here's a picture:

Spoiler:
cartoon.png

(It's not before and after because I'm pretty sure that you can tell what I did.)

So, what do you think? Should I continue with my bland realism attempts, or go with this?

Terranigma

It's a little hard to judge when comparing a menu screen to screens of the action. Maybe do something with the none menu stuff so we can judge them better.

BTW, any chance you can give us BIG screens of the stuff you did before? They're too tiny and hard to appreciate. You don't have to embed them into the boards, just give us a link so we can click on it and see it huge. It's a better way to judge the work.

chaoszerox

hires_texture
Due to the 3DS remake of OoT, and the lack of other people working on that project I've, at this time given up on it. This project is far more interesting to me NOW.

"the aim of this retexture was to keep as close to the original texture as possible while still adding what the original developers could not produce due to the technical limitations of the Nintendo 64 and also funding."

This is what the community OoT retexture project was all about. If this project were to become what that was, and with a leader, with contributors, this project could really go somewhere. I'm interested in that somewhere!

However, textures and graphics in gamecube are a bit more advanced than the 64, so it's going to be harder to make good textures that keep the original feel and lookish of the game, yet improve upon it.

Last edited: