What's new

NDS - Okamiden

WhiteX

Quick review - Okamiden

Another sequel we´re doing today, Okamiden comes hot on the trail of critically acclaimed Okami, where you fight as the wolf incarnation of the Sun Godess Amaterasu while painting your powers into the world using the celestial brush.

Okamiden features the second generation of the Zelda-like adventure on the smaller hardware of the DS, you will help the puppie Chibiterasu as he partners up with the kids from most of the original cast, while the characters are all pint sized,
Capcom made an enormous effort to translate the Okami world to the DS an it shows big time, it is one of the most beautiful Games ob the platform and the Stylus is quite the perfect celestial brush, no more fiddling to get a bomb going, it is fastand responsive.

The only gripes i have are the ocasional slowdown due to the amount of awesome being displayed on such a tiny screen (i have a DSlite), the fetch quests and the mindlessness of the Combat, it is rare to have to think to win from normal baddies,
Bosses on the other hand utilize more techniques of both the brush and combat to be won.

Conclusion:

A worthy sequel to one of the best games ever made, in my humble OPINION, better than Spirit tracks.

+ Way improved Boss count
+ Visuals
+ Tactile feeling of the celestial brush
- Slowdown
- Fetch quests
- Mash "A" to win

Disclaimer:

Played 10 hours until the impressions
I provided my own game, i suggest you do the same.
Yes, I went there...