What's new

Wii - deBlob 2

WhiteX

Quick review - deBlob 2 [Wii]

Sequel to one of the best new IP´s to grace the Wii, deBlob returns with charm and color to fight the forces of monocromatic evil, in this game you use your body to absorb color and paint the world returning music and joy to both the city and it´s citizens, now enslaved by the bland religion of Papa Blanc.

While the game has inumerous technical advantages over it´s predecessor, due to it´s now multiplatformed nature, it is undoubtely more of the same, with a "girlfriend mode" tacked on, a second controller can be used to fire color at enemies, wall signs and even Blob himself.

Gone is the "flick jump" from the first, now you jump with the "A" button, but now they crammed up segments of precision jumping and the camera is just not cut off for these segments nor for the combat portion that will have you pummeling from locked target to locked target without knowing what you´re killing.

Highlights are the new 2d segments and the soundtrack.

Conclusion:

A game that the whole family can enjoy, not reinventing the wheel nor itself, if you did not liked the first you´re not enjoying this.

+ Atmosphere
+ Revamped Graphics
+ Soundtrack
+ 2d portions
- Camera
- Pedestrian Combat

Disclaimer:

Played 5 hours until the impressions
I provided my own game, i suggest you do the same.

Last edited: