What's new

Switching discs?

Tonypantz

Trying to play games I've ripped to ISO myself, so it's not pirated or anything, I'd just rather not use the actual discs because they make my disc drive sound funny.

Anyway, when I pick the "Switch Disc" option in 1.70, nothing happens once I select another ISO. In particular, I'd like to play Monster Rancher 2, and my PS2 is currently not playing PS1 games, I always get the friggin' Disc Read Error thing when I try. :/

So yeah, is it actually possible to change disc from ISO? Do I need a different CDR plugin? Currently using ePSXe CDR WNT/W2K core 1.7.0

MasterPhW

Master of the Emulation Flame
It's a known problem for ePSXe 1.70. The ePSXe team knows about and wanted to fix it in a later release.
Sadly, shortly after 1.70 they disappeared again. So your only change is to switch for the CD change stuff back to ePSXe 1.60 (move your memory card) and after switching and saving on the following disk, it should work again on 1.70. Or stay with 1.60 if you like. ;)

Agozer

16-bit Corpse | Moderator
Personally, I just use virtual drive software (Daemon Tools) and run/swap disc images that way.

Traveler

Retired~NoviceTexture~Edi tor
Personally, I just use virtual drive software (Daemon Tools) and run/swap disc images that way.

I still can't figure out how to use that program to rip the psgames from my cds... Any easy-to-use Tutorials?

Toasty

Sony battery
I still can't figure out how to use that program to rip the psgames from my cds... Any easy-to-use Tutorials?
DaemonTools doesn't rip discs; it creates a virtual drive that mounts disc images (ISO/BIN/CUE/etc.) as if they were physical discs.